Maryland Babies

OB recs for delivery @AAMC Annapolis or Bowie

Hi All, New to the board... 7 weeks preggo, still haven't graduated from Shady Grove, but my Doc told me to look for recommendations and we would discuss it at our next appt.  Thanks!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: OB recs for delivery @AAMC Annapolis or Bowie

• I am using Special Beginnings in Arnold which is just a few mins from AAMC. It is a midwife service, but they do offer deliveries at the hospital. I have also heard fantastic things about Annapolis OB/GYN and they are the emergency physicians for surgical needs should one arise with the usage of a midwife.

My friend used Dr. Cartwright in Bowie and loved her, but I dont believe she delivers at AAMC.

• Congrats btw!! :) So exciting!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I delivered at AAMC in April '11 and then will again either this month or beginning of next Big Smile I have been going to Chesapeake Women's Care in Annapolis since I moved here back in 2005 and have been really happy with them. During pre-natal care, you'd see various doctors and I really like all the ones that do OB.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I used Annapolis OBGYN and really liked them, they have several different office locations. The possible negative I can think of is that it's a large practice and the doctor who is on call will be the one who delivers, not a specific doc. I saw the same CNM for most of my pregnancy then in the last trimester each appt I saw a different doc (by choice) so I got to meet all of the docs that might deliver. A positive to this is that someone is always on call and available and in the hospital so you don't have to wait for the doc to get there.
    Ellia33_zps24161a44

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34
  • I have no recs for drs in that area, but just wanted to say Congrats! I am a Shady Grove graduate as well.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Thanks ladies!  I appreciate it!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagecatchtanya:

I am using Special Beginnings in Arnold which is just a few mins from AAMC. It is a midwife service, but they do offer deliveries at the hospital. I have also heard fantastic things about Annapolis OB/GYN and they are the emergency physicians for surgical needs should one arise with the usage of a midwife.

My friend used Dr. Cartwright in Bowie and loved her, but I dont believe she delivers at AAMC.

Another "vote" for the SB midwives.  I love the time and attention that they give their patients, plus you can deliver at the hospital if you feel more comfortable there than at the birth center.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am also using Special Beginnings.  I really love the midwives there.   My due date is on Sunday and I am planning on delivering at the birth center, but you can opt for AAMC if you are more comfortable with that.   There are only 5 midwives at SB so you have a chance to get to know everyone.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"