Natural Birth
Options

Quick Q from FTM

Is there a website that will give you and indication of how natural friendly a hospital is? 
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Quick Q from FTM

• Options
    Not really. You have to ask questions, and your experience will be somewhat dictated by your care provider as they can provide exceptions to standard procedures.
  • Options
    I would love that, but I don't believe there is. Research the area you live in, ask around :) A well-seasoned Doula would be a great resource.HTH!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Not really but people ask for dr/midwife recomendations on finding your tribe at mothering.com all the time.  You could ask about hospitals in your area

https://www.mothering.com/community/f/7/finding-your-tribe

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I don't think so, but I think ICAN has a list of hospital c-section rates.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I second asking a lot of questions. There was a hospital that looked like a great option for us when I was pregnant with my daughter so we toured it. They had all of the natural bells and whistles (a couple waterbirthing tubs, balls etc) but when I actually questioned them on their practices and csection rates they were worse than all of the other hospitals in the area. You will probably have to really work hard to get answers too, the people we talked to seemed really annoyed that we would even have questions. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagetokenhoser:
    Not really. You have to ask questions, and your experience will be somewhat dictated by your care provider as they can provide exceptions to standard procedures.

Exactly.  It is usually the nurses and the care provider that make the decisions. I would really talk to your care provider and get a sense of their policies and routine procedures.  That will give you a good indication of how natural bioth friendly they are. 

• Options

imagelindsaycarol:
    I would love that, but I don't believe there is. Research the area you live in, ask around :) A well-seasoned Doula would be a great resource.HTH!

I agree with this. That's how I found out the hospital I was going to deliver at was not natural birth friendly.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our Sweet Boy "LJ"
  • Options

imagesecondaryPULSE:
    Another great resource is www.thebirthsurvey.org and click on "view survey reports."

I can't get he site to work for me. Maybe that I use a MAC.  

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"