Nurseries and Baby Gear

Donating Unwanted Gifts

Hi ladies! We received a few gifts that were given with love, but that I'd prefer not to have. Mostly plastic toys, but a few adult things. I didn't receive receipts so can't return them. Other than Salvation Army, can you think of anywhere I could donate them? Too bad there aren't toy drives after the holidays!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Donating Unwanted Gifts

• Women's shelters and domestic violence centers are usually very happy to receive baby supplies and toys.
    BabyFetus Ticker; Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You could also look in to selling them to a local consignment shop. There are quite a few baby consignment shops around here. 

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • Loading the player...
  • I dropped a few items off at our local women's shelter, they were more than happy to accept them. 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• If you aren't too tight on space, you can pack them away with your holiday decorations and then donate them to Toys for Tots next year. Or you can always regift.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Lupus usually takes toys.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I was thinking the same thing today because my daughter got more gifts than necessary. Our gym was doing a toy drive before Christmas so I asked them if the charity could still accept stuff. They told me it was for a Santa toy give away that already happend. However the girl that I asked told me her church is always helping mothers qnd families in need. I'm bringing her two boxes of stuff tomorrow. Including 10 cans of formula and 10 formula checks since I breastfeed. I'm just glad it will go to someone who is in need. To me this is better than consignment. Good karma :
  • I didn't even think about women's shelters. That's a great idea.
  • If you know where the items were bought and it still is in the box/has tags/etc... you can still take them back but you may not get the full value. But otherwise I'd do as pp suggested and either keep them for Toys for Tots or maybe even donate them to your local children's hospital. They always need toys for the inpatient kids who unfortunately have patients who stay for way too long :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"