Houston Babies

It may be a long shot buthas anyone delivered at Texas Children's Women's Pavillion?

It may be a long shot buthas anyone delivered at Texas Children's Women's Pavillion?

..or anywhere else in Texas for that matter??

My husband and I are talking budget a little and as I am choosing where I want my prenatal care the question of midwife or OBGYN comes up...along with hospital or birthing center birth. The Women's Pavillion has had rave reviews and it has features and policies that allow the mother more choices in her birthing experience..in the saftey of the hopistal. However, the midwife at the birthing center will be significantly cheaper ( I think..according to the research I've done so far the birhting centers GENERALLY save money depending on insurance coverage, you area, etc).

What I am most curious about is how much your BILL was at Texas Children's..(or anywhere is houston) for your hospital birth. I have Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance and I will be calling them tomorrow, but I would like to have some response from real people who have done it before. Thanks!

Re: It may be a long shot buthas anyone delivered at Texas Children's Women's Pavillion?

• I will be delivering there in July, and I work there well the Hospital and It will be worth every penny! The care that I got in the ER over the weekend  was AWESOme! Service with Heart is not only the motto here but the PCAs and the nurses are exemplify just that!( without them knowing that I was anemployee) I also have BCBS and depending on your network you may be covered quite well! Good Luck!

• @hearhoot

great question! & yeah, it really depends on your ins. but I would like t know other people's opinions and/or average at Texas children's.  I plan on delivering there next year.  however I think you might get more answers as more traffic goes on at the whatroexpect.com houston forums. I'm disappointed & surprise how very little moms go on thebump. 

here is there link.   & hope you get more answers.  

https://www.whattoexpect.com/forums/houston.html 

• Loading the player...
  • Hello! 

I delivered at Texas Children's Women's Pavillion on Thanksgiving day. I have to say I expected a lot from them going in because of the reviews and it exceeded my expectations. I wish I could tell the world how wonderful it was! I delivered vaginally and used a birthing ball until it was time to go. I had no epidural and I was never pressured to do anything. I had complications (hematoma) which meant I had stay a couple extra days (my baby was fine though) and they took WONDERFUL care of us! They even do a wonderful Celebration dinner for you on your last night. DELIVER AT TX CHILDREN'S! The nurses make all the difference and I have to say they have the best nurses around. I felt like they went above and beyond for me!

• @prissyskywalker

So...how was your experience delivering your lil cutie pie. She is adorable again btw ;-)
  • If u can deliver at tch. Ds was born in Bryan and was taken to tch in August all is well now but for future babies we will deliver at tch. The staff is amazing and the technology available should anything go wrong Is far worth the bill.
  • Methodist hospital is fabulous too!! You give birth and recover in the same room, a plus for me!! Also if baby needs NICU they get rushed to TCH so in good hands either way
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"