1st Trimester
Options

Does waxing hurt more after bfp?

That's what "they say" just wondering if anyone has personal experience. If its more painful, how much more?

Thinking about getting one for our Mexico trip coming up.
Married on 3.20.2004. It took 30 month, 2 failed adoptions and IVF for our first miracle. We have had 9 foster kids since he was born and started the domestic adoption process when he was 10 month old, we had 4 failed matches in that time. After our daughter was born we brought her home and spent 2 weeks fearing we might lose her because of complications that came up. But Praise God all went through and she is ours forever! Expecting again after IVF Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image

Re: Does waxing hurt more after bfp?

• Options
    It can. You have more blood flow so everything is more sensitive. Some women wax like normal and have no trouble. Personally, its crazy painful for me. Give it a shot and if it is a horrible experience you don't have to go again until baby is here!

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    My waxing technician told me it would hurt more due to blood flow. She recommended I use their topical anesthetic "No Scream Cream" a few minutes prior to waxing. I'm hoping to keep up the "maintenance" throughout my pregnancy.

image  image 

BFP #1 11/26/2012, EDD 8/7/2013, Elise Anne born 8/1/2013
    BFP #2 8/21/2014, EDD 4/11/2015, M/C 9w5d, D&C 9/17/2014
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    YES. YES. YES it does! Grrrr..... Just had a Brazilian and OH MY GOD! Take some Tylenol and I agree with pp, use the topical creams. 

TTC #1 since 5/2010 dx: annovulatory 

RLP: 2/2012: normal HSG 3/2012: normal

BFP #1 7/20/11 M/C 7/25/11. BFP #2 11/29/11 M/C 12/21/11

I have two angel babies that I will see again one day

BFP #3 10/27/12 EDD: 7/6/13

Baby Emma arrived at 35 weeks by surprise on June 3rd, 2013!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #4: 5/23/14 EDD: 1/30/15  Emma's gonna be a big sister!

Beta #1 19DPO: 213 Beta #2 21DPO: 674

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yes!  It hurts more.  I got waxed after giving birth (about 6 weeks)- it hurt then too.  May be worth the pain if you are going to Mexico though? 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers *all conceived with b2b iui's/injectibles.
  • Options
    I got my eyebrows waxed about 2 weeks ago and it felt the same. The only thing that was unusual (which I never connected to pregnancy until seeing this post) was my eyebrows were that bright pink "just waxed" color for an entire day, and part of the following day. Pre-pregnancy they would only be just-waxed-pink for a couple of hours. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had a Brazilian wax while pregnant last time, and it was definitely more painful but still bearable. I say go for it, it's worth it.
    DS 3/11 * CP 6/12 * BFP 12/10/12, EDD 8/20/13
    Pic3
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I did a full wax before heading to South Africa. For me it was not more painful, but I got several infected hair follicles (one underarm, three eyebrow and two on legs).  They were very painful and it was the first time it had ever happened. They say when pregnant you are more susceptible to skin infection. I used Tea Tree oil to fight the infection and they were gone within a few days.

Good luck!

BFP: 12/7/12 Expected: 8/15/13

Estimated Due Date: 12 August 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yep. I almost passed out on the table after a regular bikini wax at about 20 weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"