Blended Families

Good, Bad, and Funny

Add your own!

Good: We are celebrating SDs 17th birthday this weekend (her birthday is Thursday) by taking her, her best friend, and her boyfriend out to dinner. It should be fun.

Bad: My two younger SDs won't be at our house except for a couple hours on Saturday because BM promised to do all these things with them if they stay home. DH was calm and told her this is the last time she makes plans on his weekend or he will file contempt. The girls are already excited about the stuff so he is going to let them go this time only. She never wants the girls to leave because then she has to deal with her H. That isn't our problem! We may be going to court in 2013. I hope it doesn't go that far.

Funny: DH and I are going to get serious about TTC this year (I'm 33 so it is about time I get serious). The funny part is every time we talk about baby plans I break out in a little goofy square dance looking thing. It has become a natural reaction. I guess I am more excited than I relized.

Re: Good, Bad, and Funny

• Good: We had a great Christmas Break with the SKs.

Bad: SS had asked DH via phone the night before we were to pick the kids up for Christmas break, if he would come have lunch with him at school. We were already driving up there (we are long distance) braved the Snow Apocolypse vs. getting a hotel, to continue driving all night to be there so we could make it to lunch (pick up wasn't till 4pm since school gets out 3ish). We got to the school, signed in, raced half way to the cafeteria only to run into the teacher halfway down the hall and be told he was absent.

Funny: My SKs BOTH kick DH's butt on every video game they play. It makes my competitive husband crazy. hahahaha

• Good. We had a good Christmas visit with SS. He and DS are on very different levels and by the end of a normal weekend it's a nightmare but the extended visit wasn't too bad.

Bad. I've had a week long migraine with no sign of getting better and it's turned me into a not so active mom or wife. It really stinks so I'm headed to the dr next week.

Funny. DS has been super clingy lately, constantly wants to lay on my belly, by pulling my shirt up enough to see my belly button and lay there for HOURS. This morning on the way to drop him off at daycare he told me that after daycare today we have to get his sister. Except, he has no sister.
  • Loading the player...
  • Good: My SD is hanging out with my mom today.  Mom called me at work to ask if she could take SD to Chuck E Cheese.  I really think SD is too old (she's 9) and it's a really far drive, but I love that my mom wants to do stuff like this with her.  I love it when SD bonds with my family.  My dad watched her during the day yesterday and they played 3 games of Trouble.  He lost 2 out of 3 games.  lol.

Bad:  I'm still having crazy issues with my ILs.  We went over there on Christmas and I was polite, but I really think they're not very good people and being around them gives me crazy anxiety, and I usually just end up pissed off.  But we got through the day and it was fine.  Except now they want to act like nothing was ever awry in the first place.  And they still haven't fixed the problem.  I want to be the bigger person, be mature, and be civil for the sake of my kids.  But all the lying, and stupid decisions they have made have really put my family in a rut.  It's taking a huge toll on my marriage and my mind.

Funny:  DD (who is 18 months) has discovered her belly button, and everyone else's.  Hilarious.

Mama of 2: one who grew in my womb, both who grow in my heart.
  • Good: DS (4) is absolutely in love with DD (NB), and all my fears of him resenting her and not getting any attention were for nothing.

Bad: BD has been MIA. He saw DS once in December and for less than 24 hours.

Funny: Whenever DD cries, DS comes over and puts his face close to hers and says "Big brother is here, big brother is here," in the super sweet high pitch voice. I guess it's more sweet than funny, but man is it precious! 

• Good: We had the best Christmas. Boys were happy and not moody. We were on time for everything and didn't forget anything. Bad: Boys' moodiness has returned. SS1 has absolutely no plan about life. We aren't sure he is even going to graduate in June. Funny: Watching DH come to the realization that LO may be a girl. He picked out an exceptionally frilly nursery. DH is a very straight forward guy's guy.
    together since 2006
    full time stepmom to SS1 and SS2 since 2010
    married since 2011

TTC since 7/2011 (no planned bc since 2008)
    HSG 11/2011: one blocked tube
    S/A 2/2012 and retest S/A 3/2012: normal
    Bloodwork: normal
    2nd HSG 5/2012: clear
    Femara cycle 5mg #1 7/14/12 + IUI #1 7/23/12 = bfn
    New RE appt 8/14/12
    IVF #1 meds 8/30/12. ER 9/14/2012: 7 retrieved, 6 fertilized. ET 9/19/12: 1 perfect embryo 5dt.
    Beta #1 BFP! 97
    Beta #2 234
    Beta #3 4937
    ultrasound #1 heart beat 127
    10/20/12 graduated!!!
    EDD 6/7/12
    Team PINK!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Good: DH is having some contact with SD.  He was able to speak with her on the phone for the first time in 5 months and was over the moon about it.  ExW's behavior is more than apparent to our lawyer and she is now threatened with legal action if she doesn't follow the law in regards to service.  (Not the best news for most people, but it's a huge win for us).

Bad: SD is refusing, via text, to visit and demanding not to be "made to".  She's 8.  ExW is not responding to any requests for updates on his DD, pic's, ect

Funny: DH is very excited about his Christmas gift (new hard drive for his computer) and very excited to TTC.  His gets a wonderful look on his face when he thinks about it.  I'm holding off until we have things figured out with SD, but at 36 there's not a lot of time. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"