Eco-Friendly Family
Options

ARGH! Washer broken!

Machine totally went out of wack tonight. Thankfully,  the diapers were clean when it broke, but now we have to scramble to find a repairman or buy new machines. Of course looking at HE, but bummed to hear about all the problems people are having with front loaders...mold, noise, etc.

Anyone have recommendations, or good experiences?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: ARGH! Washer broken!

• Options

This happened to us about a month back... :(  Not fun.  It was longer between washes because I had to go to my mother's to do it and we're still working on trying to clear up a rash which I assume was caused by the diapers sitting too long in between.  She had never had a rash like that before.  Only slight redness.

We went from a top loader to a front loader as well... and it does seem harder to get them clean...and I notice the smell of DH's scented detergent (I wash  mine and hers in scent free) lingering on the diapers from the wash... so I'm hoping we dont get build up issues from that.  I've tried extra rinses and the towel trick, but without much luck.

I ordered some grapefruit seed extract to add to the laundry to see if I can disinfect them.

sigh.

no advice, sorry.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    They do have HE washers that are top loaders, now, I believe.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm a lurker here and we just bought our new maytag washer/dryer combo. The washer is an HE top loader. I think the front loaders are totally a trend and I hear awful things about stink/mold from different forums and from people IRL. 

I can't wait to start washing our dipes in May! :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"