December 2010 Moms
Options

stressed about the 2%

Just got my first paycheck of the year, and it really was quite the shock.  Ugh.  Anyone else nervous about how to rework their budget? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: stressed about the 2%

• Options
    I don't go back to work until March, but H and I were just talking about this tonight. He'll get his first check tomorrow, so we'll see :/
    photo 928560AF-AAA0-4036-A0DB-1781F180055B-8057-000009B95DF7BAAA_zps4aeff975.jpg Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I got my paycheck today, and it didn't change at all... hm... 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageNicole0012:
    DH's didn't change either.  Hmm.
  • Options

imagesofamonkey:
    imageNicole0012:
    DH's didn't change either.  Hmm.

Mine did not change either...I was thinking maybe next check will be different?! 

Husband and Wife 2010
    DD 12.2010
    TTC #2 Since Aug 2012
    DX PCOS 7.25.13
    Started Metformin 7.2013
    DH SA results 6.19.14 - Too few normal sperm
    8.13.14 - SURPRISE BFP - EDD 3/30/14 Based on LMP
    MMC 9/24/14, D&C 9/25/14 13w3d, Measured at 7w4d

3.14.15 BFP #3 - EDD 11/11/15 based on LMP
  • Options
    My paycheck fluctuates b/c I'm hourly, but I got my 1st 2013 paycheck today and didn't notice a huge difference either.  But my employer did send out an email that informed us that the 2% increase DID go into effect on this paycheck, so I don't know if it just didn't make that big of a difference or what.  I read an article on MSN that Said if you make in the neighborhood of $50,000, your weekly increase is only $19 (=~$1000/year).  If you make $30,000, it = ~ $600/year (don't remember the weekly amt).  But I've heard others say that they took a huge hit weekly, so I'm not sure what the difference is.  Maybe look at changing your withholdings if you haven't already done that?  I need to increase mine now that I have a second LO.  GL, sorry it's stressing you out!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Haven't gotten my first paycheck of the year yet, but insurance premiums have gone up and I had to put more $ in my FSA too, so I know my take home pay is going to be lower this month. We'll see how it shapes up.
    Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMug

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I haven't got my first check but remembered like GrayGhost I upped the FSA and healthcare went up.  Blah.  I'm hoping my annual raise will offset the taxes?  Awesome that I'm going to work for a whole year to just pay more taxes.  Amazing.
  • Options
    I haven't gotten my first paycheck of the year yet, but I'm sure it will be a significant change because, like others mentioned, our out of pocket insurance costs went up significantly.  Pisses me off.  But we have great insurance, and I have a great job, so I should just stop my complaining, right?

• Options
    Yea, both H and I are seeing $50 per pay period less, which works out to about $200 a month, plus our insurance premiums went up. Oh, and I work for the government so we've been under a pay freeze for 3 years.  And daycare just increased their tuition in September.
    BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

• Options
    Yeah, it's weird that some people don't have a difference.  I am jealous!  I had about a 60 dollar loss and I get paid biweekly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"