Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Does anyone else have a diaper leaking problem

My daughter is 20 months old and constantly wants to drink water/juice. She won't drink water plain so I put a splash of apple juice in her cup and she is good with that. I know that apple juice is a diuretic and causes more urination but it's seriously only a splash. She constantly wants to drink! I'm constantly changing her diapers or they leak. We've tried a few kinds of huggies but the diapers won't hold. The Huggies Overnights work but they are too damn expensive to use exclusively day/night so I only use them at night. Pampers cruisers seem to work best for daytime and again I have to constantly change it to prevent leaks. Are Luvs any good? I've tried some generic store brands and they don't work. We used to use Narure Babycare but the entire diaper becomes saturated. We told her Dr. about it and he isn't concerned with diabetes. He just thinks she likes to drink a lot, which is common for some toddlers, plus she isn't getting too much sugar in her diet anyway. Is anyone else going through this problem? What works for you?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Does anyone else have a diaper leaking problem

• Options

I don't know much about the diapers as I CD but when I do use sposies I use the Target brand in a size up. Have you tried sizing them up a bit? Sometimes if it's a long car ride or overnight I just double them up.

I just want to relate that I have a kid who drinks a ton in a day too. 3 of water and 2 of milk..at least...all gone. It's intense but my pedi told me it was normal and as long as she eats okay she's fine. It's just natural in some kids.

• Options
    i would recommend sizing up too. DD was in a 4 and we always had a leak problem at night and i just went up to 5 and she is fine...Maybe i will try Luvs tho!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We were either leaking at night or close to it, so we size up at night too and it helps. No problems during the day, but it might help you...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We size up in Pampers Baby Dry. We have a heavy wetter. She wears the 'night time' diapers all the time.
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options
    We had the same issue with DS.  He would constantly be wet in the morning but during the day & at nap time he'd be fine.  He also mainly sleeps on his belly which might of had something to do with it since only the top of his pamper would be soaked.  He's been using Luvs since 6 or so months & he's 17 months now.  We decided to get the Huggies overnight just for nighttime about a month ago & it has worked for us.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"