Baby Showers

Shower at 26-27 weeks?

So I have a lot of out of town family and I will be 26-27 weeks when we go to see them. It is possible I could have a shower in one place at 26 and at our other location the next weekend at 27 weeks. I feel like it is early, but I do not forsee us being able to travel again to either place before the baby is born. My mom is doing one weekend where she lives and my MIL the other weekend where she lives. Is this okay?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Shower at 26-27 weeks?

• Last I checked, it was illegal.

/kidding

That's perfectly fine. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • Enjoy both showers. And just think you will have more time to find the items you need but didn't get. And to get the room ready. I see it as a win win!
  • Loading the player...
  • imageDarbie914:
    I think that's fine.  Enjoy your showers!

I agree.  Just keep in mind that by having them that early you will be starring at that stuff for months instead of weeks.  It will most likely make your pregnancy seem like it is dragging.  Maybe that is why some MTB thinks their pregnancies are lasting FOREVER!

• I'm doing the same timing. I have to travel 6 hours round trip (in different directions) for each shower and February/March is waaay too busy at work for me to take travel time. There aren't any rules - do what's easiest for you!
  • With a February due date, I had to have my showers at different times in my pregnancy, than normal.  I wanted to miss Thanksgiving and Christmas festivities.  I had my first shower at 27 weeks.  And I have 2 showers this weekend and one shower next week (32 and 33 weeks).  It has worked out fine.  No biggie.
    "Sweat is my sanity". Sarah Palin "Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised". Proverbs 31:30 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"