Trying to Get Pregnant

EWCM immediately following AF?

Ok, this is probably a stupid question but my body has me so confused right now and I'm just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience. And, just as a heads up, I am not at all asking "could I pregnant??" because I'm not. Didn't even ovulate. Just to be clear.

AF started on CD 29, which is really early for me. I have PCOS so my cyles are pretty irregular. I had some PMS signs so I was questioning if I was about to get AF, but I wasn't truly expecting it. I've Oed as late as CD 52 so I was still counting on Oing at that point. It ended as an anovulatory cycle. AF was a lot lighter and shorter than usual this time, but it was more than what I'd consider spotting since I did need tampons so I counted it as a period. I only had one day of AF that required something heavier than a light tampon and usually I need supers.

Today, CD 5, AF has all but stopped except for some lingering spotting (and it was just spotting yesterday too).  Now today, I've been having some cramps. The first day of AF I usually have bad cramps, but I didn't have hardly any this cycle. Also, I tend to get some mild cramps around O time, but not always (I got cramps last month, but no confirmed O). I've also had some pretty obvious EWCM today. I felt a bit wet down there, and thought AF started back up, but it was just pink tinged EWCM. Quite a bit of it, and very stretchy. But maybe this is just left over from AF?

Is it really possible to be ovulating this early? I didn't even bother with an OPK yet because it's so early, but I'll check one out tonight. Maybe what I thought was AF wasn't a real period? I don't even know. Is a ruptured cyst a possibility? Any thoughts? I'll be going back to the doctor at the end of this month so maybe they'll have some answers. Despite opks and charting, I can never tell what my body is about it do. It gets tiring.

One DD born 9/23/13.
We're one and done!

Re: EWCM immediately following AF?

• EWCM doesn't have to be because of ovulation.  It really can happen more than once a cycle or for other reasons.
  • I usually get EWCM a couple days after AF stops, and continue to have it until I O.
  • Loading the player...
  • Good point ladies. I realize I'm looking too much into this. It's just so hard not knowing what's going on. I feel like once I get a handle on something, an entirely new situation pops up. I have not had one cycle yet that has even remotely resembled the previous cycle. It's so frustrating.

Edit to add: opk was positive. Effffffff.
    One DD born 9/23/13.
    We're one and done!
  • I have not even gotten AF back yet (I'm EBFing) but I had cramps and EWCM all last week. Despite the fact that I don't even have a cycle going yet, I am sure my hormones are changing. So yeah, EWCM can show up for a lot of different reasons apparently.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • yeah, I edited my reply to include that my OPK was positive. Like, blaring positive. Darker than control line. I don't know if this will be a fake-out or not. I had my first fake positive opk last cycle, but none of my other signs like CM matched the way it does this time. And of course we haven't been having sex since I was on my period. And Dh isn't feeling that great. And I was looking forward to not having a period when we go on vacation in a week and a half, but if this is actual ovulation, looks like AF will be here during vacation after all.

I am so over TTC :( It's such a giant mind f*ck. 

One DD born 9/23/13.
    We're one and done!
  • I had a temp spike today. Go figure. If this does indeed end up being ovulation, should I go back and take out what I thought was my period from FF and just replace it with spotting? Or keep it at is, meaning O is on CD 5. If I change it, O would be CD 34 which is definitely more realistic for my body. It really seemed like a period, but apparently I must be wrong. Any other advice? Should I visit the doctor sooner? I have an appointment set for the 21st for an RE referral. I'm not being monitored or anything so I don't know if they would do blood tests or anything to try to confirm where I am in my cycle.
    One DD born 9/23/13.
    We're one and done!
  • It does look like your body is either gearing up to O or just did. You'll have to wait it out and see what your temps and OPKs do.

For your period, I would just leave it there for now. You can always change it later. I would also bring it up to the doctor. If it wasn't your period, it was very heavy for spotting and may be a sign of a problem. Might not be, but just make sure to ask about it. I would bring chart showing it both ways.

For your appointment timing, I would call your RE's office and ask them if there is a particular time in your cycle that they want to see you. I'm not sure what they want to do, but there are particular times that you need to do particular tests.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I don't have an RE right now, just a regular doctor. The office actually has one doctor and two midwives and I've only seen the midwives (I think the doctor only sees pregnant women). I'll probably just wait it out and not go in until my scheduled appointment.

Still having ewcm, but the opk was definitely negative. On a normal cycle, the first day of a negative opk still with ewcm is when I'd usually ovulate. We'll see what my temps look like tomorrow I guess.

Crap like this is why they warn women that you can indeed get pregnant if you have unprotected sex while on your period. If only I'll be so lucky. Odds not in my favor though. 

One DD born 9/23/13.
    We're one and done!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"