June 2011 Moms
Options

2nd birthday

Okay - so I am really not even ready to think about this yet...I didn't do a big first birthday party last year (we didn't think it necessary)..and hell, we are just a few days removed from Christmas!  However, DH asked me the other night what I wanted to do for Stella's second birthday.  I don't know.  I just don't know.  But I guess I have to think about it now.  Has anyone else even started planning yet?  Is it too early or am I already behind?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 2nd birthday

• Options
    I have not done any planning other than us knowing it'll just be our immediate families invited and week be either a farm cow theme or Elmo theme.

DS1 -6/25/11

DS2 -3/23/13

Missed MC D&C 8/26/14

DD - 8/26/15

LO#4 due 5/30/17

• Options
    I have not done any real "planning" but I know it will be a Sesame Street theme and I want to have it at our house. For his 1st birthday we had a big party at my parents' house but I want to have a smaller party at our own house this year. I love party planning and hosting, so I'm really excited, but it's a little too early for me to really start planning without getting a major side eye from my family.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think about it all the time but haven't done any real planning.  I know I am not doing a big party like last year!  In our play group people usually invite everyone for a park play date and bring cupcakes so we will do that one day (probably the day before her birthday, maybe week after).  I plan to invite her grandparents and aunts and uncles over for lunch and to celebrate her birthday on the actual day since it's a Saturday.  I may have a little party with a few of our closest friends and their kids but don't know theme yet.  She really likes animals so might do something with animals.  
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

• Options
    Last year we wanted to do it at the local park and decided to use hall instead so we could invite everyone.  This year we're doing a much smaller party at the park like I wanted last year.  We'll probably just invite immediate family and then any family and friends with kids.
  • Options
    I've started "pinning" already.  Since we're having another baby in March, I figured I'd get a jump on it.  We'll be having a baptism in April, my SIL is due in May, and my niece is making her communion too, so I thought I'd start a little bit pretty soon since we'll have a busy spring.  I don't think we're going to do a party as big as his 1st, but our families are still huge as a small group. Confused  As of now, I've narrowed it down to a Cat In the Hat, Fishing or Construction themed party. 
  • Options
    2nd birthday!!! I can't even think of that yet. I'm not ready for her to grow up and it's already happening too fast for me. :( 
    BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
    Married: Feb 2008
    DD: June 2011
    TTC# 2: April 2014
    BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)
  • Options

I LOVEEEE party planning so I've been gathering ideas. 

We will be having it at a local kids gym we go to for classes on Tuesdays - she loves it there and it's so much fun! They will have lots of play time, do an art project and eat lunch :) I'll be booking in February (I'm due in 2 1/2 weeks so I will worry about details once I get settled with baby boy!)

The theme will either be the color pink, Finding Nemo, Tangled or Rio.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    Is anyone doing two parties?  This is what I'm kinda considering:  one for family and friends (likely renting a shelter at the closet metro park) and then one for her little friends at the zoo, playland, science or something along those lines.  I do better planning parties for adults and clueless and just don't want to do over the top!
  • Options
    Haven't started planning, but it will be small. Last year we invited around 60 people, and only half showed up anyways. No one RSVP'ed so that kinda sucked when I had a full sheet cake and only 30 guests!

We'll probably do just his aunts and uncles, and grandparents, which would be about 18 people, and well probably do it at my moms house again. 10 people is about as many people as we can fit in our apartment.
  • Options
    We did a big party for her 1st. The 2nd birthday is going to be much more low-key- just mine and DH's immediate family and perhaps a few of our friends that have kids the same age as DD. We'll have another new baby by then, which is another reason I won't be going all out.
  • Options
    imageSunidaze:
    Is anyone doing two parties?nbsp; This is what I'm kinda considering:nbsp; one for family and friends likely renting a shelter at the closet metro park and then one for her little friends at the zoo, playland, science or something along those lines.nbsp; I do better planning parties for adults and clueless and just don't want to do over the top!

Growing up I always had two parties, one with friends and one with family. We don't live close enough to our extended family to do this although they did all make the trip for her first but I plan on a little lunch/dinner mini party with grandparentsgrandparents and then a party with friends.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

• Options
    Much more low key this year, for sure!  Haven't started planning, but I've been thinking about it. Probably a park. Maybe Elmo, maybe animals. 

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

• Options
    It's going to be her golden birthday...so I'm thinking something around those lines, I'm having a hard time finding ideas so far though 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I usually just do cake and ice cream for all of my kids and they invite immediate family over. Since this is our last child and only boy we thought about doing Scooby Doo since he loves that dog but other than a few decorations, it won't be nothing big because he won't care anyways lol
  • Options
    I admit that I've been thinking/planning for a month or so now :-/ I actually designed invitations last weekend (just simple ones that I will make...not the kind you order) and I've been pinning all sorts of ideas. Last year we had a small party for A. Just family members and no real theme other than pink and orange colors. So this year I'm actually planning a theme...Miss Spider's Sunny Patch Party :-)

• Options

DD has become OBSESSED with Dumbo since our trip to Disney World in November, so we're doing a Dumbo/circus theme.

We'll have the party at a park (renting a pavillion) and have a face painting/balloon animal clown. Her actual bday is the Sunday before Memorial Day so we might have the party a week early to avoid any conflicts with family BBQs.

This is much more low-key than last year where we had a traveling petting zoo and pony rides.

I just hope it isn't too hot here in May for people to enjoy the outside party.

I'll have it catered just to save me the headache Big Smile

That's about all the planning I have done so far...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"