International Bumpies

Car seats in Canada - any deals?

We are looking at convertible car seats and I noticed you can frequently get deals or sales on car seats at BRU in the US but I haven't been able to find any deals or sales at BRU (or anywhere else for that matter) in Canada.  Are we just getting screwed here or am I missing something?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Car seats in Canada - any deals?

• There was a sale that just ended for Diono Radians and Britax at some indepedant retailers, and one of them had the Graco MyRide on sale too. BRU does put seats on sale, you just have to watch the weekly flyers. Same with Sears, Amazon.ca, and Canadian Tire. And Walmart.ca (they have more seats than in store). Just be careful though, they like to push the crap seats in these sales and they're not really a deal (ahem Cosco Dorel Eddie Bauer Alpha Omega ahem). Judging by your ticker you'll need one sooner than later, what seat were you looking at?
  • We were looking at Britax.  Been watching BRU flyers for a while now.  I ended up caving and bought it online for full price, but got free shipping.  I didn't want to go with Amazon.ca since I wanted to be able to return to a store if we have a problem with fit.  I'm going to keep watch in case we need a second seat for the second vehicle. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Looks like I'm a little late here, but I thought the info might be useful to someone else...

Snugglebugz.ca just had a sale. They also have a $10 off $75 coupon they give you when you sign up for their newsletter as well as free shipping on carseats.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I got my britax b-safe on sale from snugglebugz during a floor model sale.  

I would suggest watching snugglebugz.ca; they seemed to have some sales over the holidays.  They are a store, but only in Burlington/Milton I think. 

*** DS born February 21, 2013 - Toronto, Canada  ***
    imageimage
  • Speaking of Snugglebugz...

They have the Radian RXT on sale for $277.51 right now. Not sure how long it's going to be on for, but I just ordered mine :)

https://www.snugglebugz.ca/

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageMonsieur_et_Madame_Ha:

Speaking of Snugglebugz...

They have the Radian RXT on sale for $277.51 right now. Not sure how long it's going to be on for, but I just ordered mine :)

https://www.snugglebugz.ca/

Saw that!!! This is from the FB page:

The $277.51 price is in response to a competitor's price, which has since been raised to align with Diono's pricing policy on the Radian Ventura. If you would like to take advantage of the $277.51 price, please do so immediately as the price will be back at $287.99 by Friday morning. Thank you for shopping with Snuggle Bugz!

• imageklmbbb:
    We were looking at Britax.  Been watching BRU flyers for a while now.  I ended up caving and bought it online for full price, but got free shipping.  I didn't want to go with Amazon.ca since I wanted to be able to return to a store if we have a problem with fit.  I'm going to keep watch in case we need a second seat for the second vehicle. 
    Car seats are final sale in Canada, you cant return them to any store. If you have a boutique store like Snugglebugz or West Coast Kids, ask to try it in your car.

FTR, if you were looking at a Radian, it will fit in just about any car with the angle adjuster. Ive had ours in our Mini Cooper. Small footprint.

• Wait what?  Car seats are final sale?  I couldn't find anything on the BRU.ca website that said so, which is why I ordered it online.  I think a friend of ours returned an infant seat (to BRU) when it didn't fit in their car.  We haven't taken the tags off or anything yet so maybe we can still take it back (fingers crossed).  

H is complaining that it's too difficult to get LO in without hitting her head on the roof so we are going to look at the Diono this weekend.  

I also have a Mini, so maybe we need 2 Diono seats.  We'll have to see if I can send the other one back.  Sigh - what fun.  

• Yup, most places car seats are final sale. I havent tried at Walmart, but they did tell me at BRU when I bought our Frontier that it wasnt returnable. Snugglebugz and anything similar all say it in the return policy. Basically, they deem them damaged and wont take them back because they dont know that its not been dropped or in an accident, otherwise they cant or wont resell them.

I do love our Radian (we actually have two, one is in my moms car). It pretty much lives in our Caravan (3rd row rf, I go through the hatch). I love it in the Mini, far more than when S was in her Snugride 35 - that thing left no space! You will need the angle adjuster in the Mini though. It is easy to install with it - heck after installing it in the van 3rd row, seatbelt with locking clip, anything is easy! I wish I had a pic for you ( I may have to do that).

For reference sake, here is a Combi Coccoro in a Mini rf (there arent many pics out there), it is slightly shorter in the shell, but with an angle adjuster, you will have more space than this, with enough leg room for a reasonably tall person (I fit, at 5?9)"

• I have the britax bsafe and have been using it for 6 months. Sorry to be a downer but I really don't like it. It's really heavy and the straps are awful and get all twisted. Also DS isn't a big kid 50th percentile and is already too big for the straps. We just bought a convertible seat.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagegimmietimmies:

Yup, most places car seats are final sale. I havent tried at Walmart, but they did tell me at BRU when I bought our Frontier that it wasnt returnable. Snugglebugz and anything similar all say it in the return policy. Basically, they deem them damaged and wont take them back because they dont know that its not been dropped or in an accident, otherwise they cant or wont resell them.

I do love our Radian (we actually have two, one is in my moms car). It pretty much lives in our Caravan (3rd row rf, I go through the hatch). I love it in the Mini, far more than when S was in her Snugride 35 - that thing left no space! You will need the angle adjuster in the Mini though. It is easy to install with it - heck after installing it in the van 3rd row, seatbelt with locking clip, anything is easy! I wish I had a pic for you ( I may have to do that).

For reference sake, here is a Combi Coccoro in a Mini rf (there arent many pics out there), it is slightly shorter in the shell, but with an angle adjuster, you will have more space than this, with enough leg room for a reasonably tall person (I fit, at 5?9)"

Can you get the Coccoro in Canada?  I looked for it but couldn't find anyone who sold it in Canada, let alone in ON.  I'd heard it was nice and compact.  

How does your Radian work RF in the Mini (or any car for that matter)?  We went to see one today and the strap to tighten the chest straps has to be pulled downward, which looks like it would be difficult or impossible when installed RF.  Am I wrong?  I hope so. I wanted H to try it in his Jeep but he couldn't be bothered, which kind of annoyed me.

The quest continues. 

Edit: I think H is being so contrary about which seat to get because he can't find a seat that swivels.  We could only find a Combi and an Orbit seat that did this and they don't seem to be sold in Canada.  

• imageklmbbb:
    imagegimmietimmies:

Yup, most places car seats are final sale. I havent tried at Walmart, but they did tell me at BRU when I bought our Frontier that it wasnt returnable. Snugglebugz and anything similar all say it in the return policy. Basically, they deem them damaged and wont take them back because they dont know that its not been dropped or in an accident, otherwise they cant or wont resell them.

Can you get the Coccoro in Canada?  I looked for it but couldn't find anyone who sold it in Canada, let alone in ON.  I'd heard it was nice and compact.  

How does your Radian work RF in the Mini (or any car for that matter)?  We went to see one today and the strap to tighten the chest straps has to be pulled downward, which looks like it would be difficult or impossible when installed RF.  Am I wrong?  I hope so. I wanted H to try it in his Jeep but he couldn't be bothered, which kind of annoyed me.

The quest continues. 

Edit: I think H is being so contrary about which seat to get because he can't find a seat that swivels.  We could only find a Combi and an Orbit seat that did this and they don't seem to be sold in Canada.  

So sorry, I didn't catch this earlier! The pic I posted is very similar to how my Radian looks rf in the Mini. It isn't really a space hog in most cars. Sadly, most of the seats that are in the US aren't in Canada, including the Coccoro. I really wish we had the Graco Size4Me. There aren't any swivel seats in Canada, I think they'd be a pain anyway.

Oh, the strap thing, most convertibles are like that. I'm used to it. What I've done is got the harness on dd4 tight enough to pass the pinch test in the same coat she always wears in the car (it's a fleece zip up hoodie), and I rarely have to readjust it. I do check it each time she gets in to make sure its not too tight or just tight enough.

You might also want to try out the Graco MyRide (did I say that already?).Or join the FB group Car Seats for the Littles, there are Canadians on there as well. And they might be able to give your dh some ideas he can live with.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"