Pre-School and Daycare
Options

If your LO attends a Montessori school

are you going to keep him/her in a Montessori school until six or through elementary? We are going to be relocating and one of the schools I like is Montessori school that goes through 8th grade. It is Spanish immersion Montessori school which is the main reason I like it vs other schools. My LO will be starting Kindergarten in the fall which is when she would start the school. Do you like the Montessori approach enough to keep your child there through elementary school? Any experiences with language immersions schools? TIA

Re: If your LO attends a Montessori school

• Options
    Yes. I am actually a trained Montessori preschool directress though. We are moving away from the private toddler-8th grade Montessori we all currently go to but I would only move to a place that had a Montessori charter school so that my kids could continue in it. My daughters have both thrived on the Montessori environment and I am very happy with it. 
    My 2 girls, both born on a Friday the 13th, are exactly 2 years, 2 months, 2 hours and 2 minutes apart! And Baby Boy joined us October 11, 2013! image
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I LOVE Montessori and would keep them in one if we could afford it or had a public one. And my second choice if available would be language immersion. That said, Spanish immersion Montessori sounds like someone is jumping on all kinds of bandwagons. I would need to see a proven track record before I considered that because I would worry if they would do both justice.

Ditto Cmeon, I would never consider that for one year, it would only make the next year more confusing especially the Spanish part IMHO.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I forgot to mention that my DD is already fully bilingual in English and Spanish. We use the One Parent One Language approach. I would like her to attend an immersion school so that she can learn Spanish in an academic setting and so that she is not learning just how to say the days of the week and colors in Spanish year after year in a school that is not an immersion school since she is way beyond that. We will be relocating and the only immersion school I have found so far were we are moving to is the Montessori one. Other schools that teach Spanish in the area do so in a once week basis.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"