Dads & Dads-to-be

Everyone Survive Christmas?

Any horror stories?

Funny Stories?

Boring Stories?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
-My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.

Re: Everyone Survive Christmas?

• Aside from being a little under the weather myself (as opposed to the city.state being under a different type of weather today), Christmas was relatively uneventful.  My son didn't want to unwrap anything, but enjoyed everything once it was opened.
  • My one year old niece helped open every gift!  Then she enjoyed a big box more than the gift that was in it.
  • Loading the player...
  • We had a great Christmas, told my FIL that the toys that they got for our LO stays at their house since MIL is our primary care provider while MW and I work.  He hates clutter and has been trying to get rid of stuff for years.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'll jump in with a story or two...

We told both of our families that we were pregnant. We definitely didn't want to do it in a normal way though. So, for my parents, we got them one of those single cup coffee makers. Not a Keurig though. Too expensive. But, seeing as they needed coffee mugs too, we bought a couple that you could write on and said "Surprise!! You're going to be a grandma/grandpa on 7/31/13". It took a lot of prodding to get them to actually read the cups though lol...

For her parents, she gives her father an ornament every year, so she had one engraved with basically the same thing we did for my parents. There were tears, hugs, and smiles all around!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • We had a great Christmas.  We got to tell everyone that we were having a boy and it was so much better telling in person than over the phone.

• Well the word that describes this season for my household is "toy explosion".  My oldest son's birthday is on the 29th so we got toys, toys, and more toys for him for Christmas and his birthday.

On another note, my wife was a little upset that she may have to return her Macbook (she is a teacher and we are seriously considering her taking an extended leave to raise our boys at home).  So i took the liberty of buyng her an IPad for Christmas.  She was ecstatic in one breath, but then said i shouldnt have spent so much money on her.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"