March 2013 Moms
Options

NBR: Recommendations for a washer and dryer

We are looking for a new washer and dryer and need recommendations. I would rather have a top loader but have heard alot of terrible things about the new HE ones. So at this point I am open to anything.

I just would like something that will hold a king sized comforter, get clothes really clean and fresh (which I'm being told alot of the new HE ones don't do a good job of that) and that is relatively inexpensive (we really cannot go over 2K for the set).

So any recommendations would be much appreciated

Re: NBR: Recommendations for a washer and dryer

• Options

We have Samsung top loading HE w/d and LOVE them. HE takes a lot longer to clean, but so far we are impressed with the job they are doing. You can monkey around with the settings and override a lot of the pre selected ones to get things to clean how you want. We have also noticed a drop in our utility bill.

I would recommend getting a Best Buy credit card and buying through them. We got a deal for no interest if you paid it off in 18 months which was a little under $100/month and there was no prepayment penalty when we were able to pay them off completely. I think our set was around $1600.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I am really short so the front loader works better for me.  I can't reach the bottom of the top loader.  I have an HE and I do like it most of the time.  I can wash a king size comforter no problem.  The only problem with the HE is that it smells bad if the seals are not cleaned often enough.  Also, I wanted to buy baby liquid detergent last time I went to my local grocery store and they don't carry it in HE.
    BFP on IVF #2 6/29/2012. Beta #1 7/3 = 522; Beta #2 = 1180; Beta #3 = 6491 image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Funny you posted this...I am waiting for our washer to arrive within the next 2 hours as our broke last week. We got a Maytag front load washer. DH did a lot of research and went with that. We used to have a Whirlpool that came with the house.
  • Options
    I've had my front loaded for about 7 years; mom bought it for Christmas for me one year when ours died.  I love it.  I'm just looking to buy and replace our dryer; planning to get the cheapest front load dryer, with the dials on the front (so I can reach them when its on the pedestal my dad made for them).
    *** DS born February 21, 2013 - Toronto, Canada  ***
    imageimage
  • Options
    imagecaladpi02:

We have Samsung top loading HE w/d and LOVE them. HE takes a lot longer to clean, but so far we are impressed with the job they are doing. You can monkey around with the settings and override a lot of the pre selected ones to get things to clean how you want. We have also noticed a drop in our utility bill.

I would recommend getting a Best Buy credit card and buying through them. We got a deal for no interest if you paid it off in 18 months which was a little under $100/month and there was no prepayment penalty when we were able to pay them off completely. I think our set was around $1600.

I would not recommend getting a credit card for a washer/dryer. Most people do not pay it off within the 0% timeframe and end up paying a lot of interest. I would recommend saving up and paying cash (or don't buy it). I see too many people overextending themselves and getting in trouble with their finances. Just my two cents!!

We bought our front load HE Samsung set at Lowe's for about $1100 out the door. They keep the clothes super clean and use a lot less water/energy.

• Options
    imagetilsonc:
    imagecaladpi02:

I would not recommend getting a credit card for a washer/dryer. Most people do not pay it off within the 0% timeframe and end up paying a lot of interest. I would recommend saving up and paying cash (or don't buy it). I see too many people overextending themselves and getting in trouble with their finances. Just my two cents!!

We bought our front load HE Samsung set at Lowe's for about $1100 out the door. They keep the clothes super clean and use a lot less water/energy.

Ok, whatever. You can set up automatic payments so the card is paid on whatever schedule you choose. That's what we did.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

Thanks so much for the suggestions, whomever said that Jan was a good time to buy was right. We went to Lowes today and ended up getting a great deal on an Electrolux washer and dryer that had good reviews. We went a little over budget but that was because we opted for an extended warranty through Lowes (because I just want to make sure we are covered if something goes wrong) and got the pedestals because this belly is just not allowing me to bend over with the same ease that I used to. Lol 

Thx again! 

• Options

** Yeh ! You got them!!  ..I didnt read all the post so I missed the one where you made a decision .. I think you will love them !  

We bought LG front loaders 5 years ago.  We havent had any problems and have used then stacked and unstacked.  The only thing with a front loader is you have to leave the door open after you wash so it can dry out and you have to take your clothes out pretty quick or they will mildew because of the way the water sits in the bottom .. If I had to do again I would buy top loader, but still prob and HE ...  HOWEVER  .. this whole HE thing is relatively new and for years no one had HE and their clothes were fine.  I think its just preference and do you want the bells and whistles .. I do like the sanitary mode also  ..  the washer heats the water internally to sterilize whatever you are washing ..Good luck !! 

5 years IF & 2 losses

~~ DS Born 2/28/2013 ~~
                8lb 13 oz 22 inches 
    Happily expecting another miracle !
     EDD 11/20

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"