VBAC

VBAC with GD?

Has anyone here done this? My last baby was 9lbs and it's possible that I had undiagnosed GD with her. She has really low BS after she was born and needed to have an IV with dextrose.

I failed my 1 hour but need to do the 3 hour. Regardless of the results, I am going to follow the GD diet anyway. Any successful GD VBAC stories out there?

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: VBAC with GD?

• I had GD and had a successful vbac.  I had a scheduled c section with my first because they were estimating her to be large.  She was 9 lbs 9oz.  I think they missed my GD with her.  I was diagnosed with GD the second time around and followed the diet.  My second daughter was born 7 lbs 10 oz.  Delivery was perfect.  My story is a few posts down on this board if you would like to read.  Don't let GD stop you from trying for a vbac.  Good luck.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yes!!! I had an HBAC with GD. Dont let GD be a factor for not attempting a VBAC.

I refused the 3 hour it's just horrible and instead opted to test my sugars with a meter over a weekend....I failed miserably. But with the help of some great nutritionist from the Sweet Success program I was able to control my sugars with diet and exercise. At the birth, we had sugar water on hand just incase my colostrum didn't do the trick, but we had no issues and a healthy 710oz little boy!
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you so much for the responses, ladies! I am feeling better already about this! My dr thinks they missed GD with my daughter so I am hoping that with diet and exercise I will have a better chance of having a vaginal delivery.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thank you for posting this question. I had GD with my DS and I was wondering the same thing. I'm expecting I'll have GD again this time around but I'm hoping to keep a VBAC as an option.

I only ended up with a c/s due to DS being face up and his head was turned so he wouldn't fit through the canal. 

On September 8th 2007, I married my best friend. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"