New to The Bump
Options

Terminology

So I am new to the site. Will be married for a year April 28th 2013 and now we are going to try and have a baby,

Super excited and love the advice and information I can gather from others in the same situation but there are a ton of abbreviations I am just not figuring out. 

Can someone help me out :)

Re: Terminology

• Options
    thank you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't know about anyone else, but I find the constant abbreviations super annoying. I understand there's a glossary, but it really interrupts the flow of reading and educating myself, when I have to constantly flip back to the glossary, get distracted by all of the other dozens of pointless abbreviations, and then maybe get back to the article I was reading. Is it so hard to just write out what you're saying? It's called grammar, punctuation, and spelling, and as I recall that was learned in elementary school. If the abbreviations even made sense I would be more understanding, but DH for Darling husband? WHAT?! I would have never guessed that unless I looked it up, and what's so wrong with just saying "my husband?" Anyway, I enjoy the information on these boards, but I find myself more annoyed with the lack of effort put forth to sound intelligent by so many moms and dads to be. Makes me wonder if I could literally write an entire post with all abbreviations, and would anyone on here be able to tell what I was saying without looking everything up in the stinking glossary?
  • Options
    I feel the same way. 
  • Options
    Thank you!  I had figured most of them out but there were still a few that really confused me, I spent 5 min trying to figure out what PIP meant, then the next post I read was this!   Big Smile
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thank you!  I had figured most of them out but there were still a few that really confused me, I spent 5 min trying to figure out what PIP meant, then the next post I read was this!   Big Smile
  • Options
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"