Pre-School and Daycare

Imaginary Friend

anyone deal with an imaginary friend yet?  My daughter is 3.5 and Audry (her imaginary friend showed up yesterday)  Seems innocent enough.  Just curious if anyone else has dealt with it.
DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)

Re: Imaginary Friend

• DS had an entire racing team.  They haven't been around in awhile so I am guessing he out grew it.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• DD1's imaginary friend is Eugene from the movie Tangled. He comes and goes, once in a while with Rapunzel, but we don't make a big deal of it. She will sometimes tell us we can't sit somewhere because Eugene is there, or ask for a snack for Eugene, etc. I think it's a great sign of a healthy imagination :)
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My DD had an imaginary friend named "Kibbon."  He showed up right around 3.5 years also.  It probably lasted 6 months or so, she hasn't mentioned him in a long time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My DD has an imaginary Brother and sister. They always say and do things she isn't allowed to do.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The post responses made me chuckle,thanks!  There are wonderful imaginations with our toddlers.  DD hasn't had one...yet... I suspect she will have one in the future.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DD has not had one, but my BFF's son did when he was about 3-4.  Her name was Janis Joplin and boy - was she a bad listener! 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • SS has an imaginary friend named "Natty", who switched from being boy and girl depending on the day :)

Natty has a few cars and trucks, has crashed a couple. When FI's mom's dog was put down, Natty went up to puppy heaven for a bit.

Natty usually only shows up when SS is in trouble. The convo goes like this

me: we don't {make messes, rip books, splash water out of the tub} on purpose in this house. please help me clean this up now.

ss (pouting):  but Natty lets me do it at her house!

I'm pretty sure I only encourage it because I can't help but laugh every single time. It's so real in his mind!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageKathrynMD:
    DD has not had one, but my BFF's son did when he was about 3-4.  Her name was Janis Joplin and boy - was she a bad listener! 

That is the funniest thing I've ever heard!  I now feel like I've been jipped since my kid's imaginary friends name is Natty - totally boring :D

• DS is an only child and has had an entire imaginary second family for about a year now.  He tells long tales of all the different states they've lived in and the various pets they've had. His "other mom" is Freak. Yes, Freak.  His "other dad" is Chook, and his "sister" is TDBank.  W.T.H? 

Whenever we go to any public family activity, like arts and crafts at the library and music class and the instructors ask, "Who has a brother or sister?". DS always raises his hands. I've gotten more than one side eye when he reveals his "sister's" name. LOL 

I used to worry because in the beginning he seemed very convinced they actually existed, but eventually he began referring to them as his pretend family. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"