March 2012 Moms

Those whose babies do NOT STTN, come in.

If your baby STTN, I love you, but please don't comment here and tell us your amazing pearls of wisdom. We've probably already tried everything, and we're not idiots...some babies just don't STTN easily.  And yes, I may be a little witchy due to sleep deprivation.

Now that that's out of the way..... who  here has as baby who is not STTN? I need to know I'm not alone.

Neither one of my kids learn this skill very easily, obviously. DD didn't STTN till she was 11months. I think DS will take even longer.

I'm so tired. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers natural miscarriages- 12/18/07 & 2/18/13 (AKA:KRISTA555)

Re: Those whose babies do NOT STTN, come in.

• I have no advice but you are not alone. My youngest doesn't STTN yet. He's usually up at least 2-3 times per night. One day I'll remember what sleep is like!
    BFP #1: 2/21/09 d&c @ 8w5d BFP #2: 6/20/09 mc @ 9w1d BFP #3: DS born 10/23/10 BFP #4: DS2 born 3/19/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • no help, just sympathy.. we were doing pretty darn good till the teething went haywire...  and he jsut popped anbother 4 making 9 so the last few weeks have been specially rough.  Things were looking up for a few days, but last night was hell.  Just glad I'm off work and so is hubby... we needed the break and hopefully by the time we go back to work things might settle a bit.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • If nothing else, it's nice to know someone understands. Thanks. :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers natural miscarriages- 12/18/07 & 2/18/13 (AKA:KRISTA555)
  • DS is not STTN either.. not even close.  There was a pretty decent stretch where he was waking once to nurse and going right back to sleep, which was nice.  Then, somewhere around the time he hit several milestones all at once, his sleep went haywire.  It hasn't really recovered.  He wakes a few times a night - once to nurse and the others just needing some comfort and rocking back to sleep.

I totally sympathize with you on the exhaustion.  Many times, I'll bring him into bed with us just so I can get a semi-decent night's sleep - at least that way the chances are pretty good that he'll sleep well other than waking to eat.

An uninterrupted night of sleep.. what is that like?  Between the crappy pregnancy sleep and having a baby, it's been more than a year and a half since I've had a decent night of sleep.  Ahh, motherhood :)

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
    We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
    52 books in 2015?           
    image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic   
  • Sleep? I've forgotten what that was like!

• You are so not alone! My DD can run on the least amount of sleep I have ever saw. Which in turn makes me run on the least amount of sleep! My DD wakes up about every 2.5 to 3 hours. Most of the time I can get her to go back to sleep after a half an hour, but there's those nights she's up for 2 hours. She's not hungry, or upset, but wants to babble and play.

The longest my DD has ever slept was 5 hours, and that was once! When I do sleep at night I think I dream of sleep! Hang in there, you're definitely NOT alone.
  • You are not alone! My DS gives me teasers where he will STTN a few nights in a row then goes back to waking.  Last night he was up at1 and 5 and I also heard him off and on from like 3-330.  Blah.
    DS1 born 3/27/12 DS2 due 1/8/14
  • I haven't had REM sleep since August! She STTN from late May until I went back to work teaching in August. From there she was up once a night in Sept, twice a night in Oct and then 3 times a night from Nov on. It's been better over break but I'm worried she's going to go back to it next week. She's up once at 3ish right now and then sleeps til 6
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Right there with you. A good night for us is up twice.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am with you! And boy am I glad to see I am not alone either. My LO is almost 10 months and has never sttn. He fusses about every 2 hours at night and wakes when I dont tend to him. We cosleep now so I can get some rest. This month has been hell, we moved, then he started teething first 4 teeth in one week!, then got sick, and now we are back to teething. Boy I am exhausted.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DS doesn't STTN either. On a good night he will take a bottle at 8pm-830pm and sleep until 3am, he will take another bottle, then it's a fight for about 30min-45min to get him to stay in the crib. Honestly we are so tired, I don't even fight anymore, usually at 3am he just comes in bed with us, drinks a bottle and sleeps until 530am..which is when we get up for work- This is a good night for us and probably only happens once a week =(

Most of the time he is up 2 times a night..sometimes I can get him back in crib no problem, other times he's screaming at the top of his lungs...I can't do CIO method, I tried and I just can't. I can usually tell if he just crying or whimpering in his sleep and I wait a moment and he will just stay sleeping..but then there is the cry and screaming that doesn't stop and he won't stop until someone comes in. He usually hungry when that happens.

I want to blame it all on teething...but I just don't know anymore. He only has four teeth, and got those at 8months..he will be 10 months next week...no more teeth coming in..and he still not STTN. It's hard...we have been trying to go to sleep with DS goes to sleep, even though that is super early and we don't even get home from work until about 6pm. so literally nothing gets done during the week, so weekends are crazy.  Guess that's only advice I have..is go to bed when LO goes to bed, but I know it's know it hard. Last night didn't get to bed until 1030pm..DS was up screaming and crying at midnight for about 30minutes. It's been difficult..I am hoping it gets better as he gets older and start weaning him off formula. But you are not alone. hope it gets better for you too!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimage
  • Yea, that was pretty witchy but I'm trying to ignore that and not be offended. :)

DD used to STTN. But recently has been screaming in her sleep then wants to nurse sometime between 4 and 5. The screaming is the worst. She may be sleeping through it but I'm being woken up every 1.5-2 hrs. Hope she stops it soon.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• imageKrsCrp83:

DS is not STTN either.. not even close.  There was a pretty decent stretch where he was waking once to nurse and going right back to sleep, which was nice.  Then, somewhere around the time he hit several milestones all at once, his sleep went haywire.  It hasn't really recovered.  He wakes a few times a night - once to nurse and the others just needing some comfort and rocking back to sleep.

I totally sympathize with you on the exhaustion.  Many times, I'll bring him into bed with us just so I can get a semi-decent night's sleep - at least that way the chances are pretty good that he'll sleep well other than waking to eat.

An uninterrupted night of sleep.. what is that like?  Between the crappy pregnancy sleep and having a baby, it's been more than a year and a half since I've had a decent night of sleep.  Ahh, motherhood :)

this is us too! =( I miss sleep! In November DH and I were out of town for the weekend for a wedding and DS stayed with my parents for the two days. DH kept saying we should go out site see, hang out with our friends...ALL I wanted to do was sleep...watch TV..relax with no interruptions! I got one night of great 8 hour straight sleep..second night was wedding..it was great =) think I need another weekend getaway.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimage
  • DD STTN from 4-6 months, then stopped. No teeth, just didn't feel like it anymore. Now she has nights where she does (like last night) and nights like NYE where she was up from 11:30-2. I honestly don't think there's much you can do for it. I'm 32 and I wake up at least once at night to get a drink or go to the bathroom - things my kid can't do by herself. She has been going through a horrendous poop spectacular, too. She pooped through everything down to the mattress EVERY night last week. It's completely hit or miss and I'm just trying to go with it until the teething slows down. I'm fortunate that most nights it's up once for a change and a cuddle and right back down.

Me (32) DH (30)

A Wordy Blog

Baby Evangeline is here!

• We aren't sleeping through the night either, and this momma needs sleep desperately. I had to call into work this morning just to get a few hours of sleep.  I am so ready to know what a solid 6 hours of sleep feels like.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• No STTN here AND A doesn't nap...  I swear if one more person who sees me so tired tries to tell me to sleep when A sleeps, I'm going to be in jail for life because I just might kill them.  I got a 4 hour stretch of sleep last night and I've been WIRED all day from so much sleep.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My youngest doesn't STTN yet! My oldest didn't until he was a little over a year. By then, I was 9 months pregnant so I wasn't getting any sleep once he did. Now I'm pregnant again so when my little one starts to STTN, I won't be getting any sleep then either. I haven't slept through the night more than a handful of times in almost 3 years. I have pretty much decided that I will never sleep again, and I will be exhausted for the rest of my life. Geeked

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• This post makes me feel so much better. I'm so exhausted. It's been probably 15 months since I slept through the night.

Our daughter wakes at 10:00ish and 3:00ish every night. The 10:00 isn't so bad, except I want to go to bed early and that's my feeding. My husband takes the 3:00 feeding, but that's when I can pump enough for a night bottle, which hasn't been very often lately. Our doctor says we should be able to wean her off that night feeding, but it would involve some CIO. Husband wants to try decreasing the ounces we give her at that feeding to see if we can gradually drop it, but I'm not sure that plan will work. 

sigh

• So who's going to make the NOT STTN badge for all of us? :)

It is nice to know I'm not alone. I am so tired and frustrated and stressed and depressed. I've been going to therapy and we hired a baby sleep consultant. I'm still stressed and W still wakes up a ton at night. It feels like nothing is helping. It has even caused me to reconsider having another LO - I honestly don't know if I can do this again!

I hope we all start getting more sleep soon. 

• me too... havent had more than 5 hours sleep at once in 15 months too... uggg... i really miss sleep!
  • No sleep here. He won't stay up past 6:30, and wakes anywhere from 10-2 every night. EVERY. SINGLE. NIGHT. Often, more than once. Then he's up for the day around 4-5. Seriously. He doesn't sleep well during the day either. Some days he'll get two hours in, but most days it's a battle to get a one hour nap (or two thirty minute naps). 

Nothing works, and I'm tired, too. I feel like the last 10 months have been a total fog, and it's wearing me down. I feel like half the person I once was. 
    Lachlan
    born March 2012
  • imagerocknrollfriend:

So who's going to make the NOT STTN badge for all of us? :)

It is nice to know I'm not alone. I am so tired and frustrated and stressed and depressed. I've been going to therapy and we hired a baby sleep consultant. I'm still stressed and W still wakes up a ton at night. It feels like nothing is helping. It has even caused me to reconsider having another LO - I honestly don't know if I can do this again!

• imageWipz:
    imagerocknrollfriend:

YESSS!! Haha Wipz, you rock. I'm adding it as soon as I get on my computer [bumping from my phone most of the time].
  • My DS still wakes usually once a night for a bottle (though the last week it has been 2-3 times a night). He turned 10 months on Friday. I am so tired of getting broken sleep. My pedi said he shouldn't be eating during the night, but it is the only way I can get him back to sleep and keep him asleep. If I don't feed him he keeps waking until I do. I know I need to wean him, but I don't know if I have the strength to do it.
  • imagerocknrollfriend:

Your not alone, were not having another LO. This one has been a wake up call that we are one child family. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"