December 2010 Moms

Nesting with a toddler is WORTHLESS!!!!

Gah! I am trying so hard to get things ready for baby 2 who could arrive any day now with my history but L is up at 5:30 and raring to go and I have no free time to get anything done. Her 12:30 nap has been 45 minutes (?!?!?!) recently and she is a cranky bear the rest of the day.

I pack hospital bags, she pulls everything out. I try to clean but toys, food scraps and sippy cups get strewn about. I even gave her watercolor paints which worked GREAT for about 30 minutes until she decided it was more fun to dump the water all over the paint, the table, the floor.....

She wants noodles... "NO NOODLES!" She wants milk, "DONT LIKE THIS MILK!" She is tired, "NO WANNA TAKE A NAP!"

I've been ordered to take it easy and no exercise for two weeks which means our usual morning break of the gym and the gym daycare is out and the cabin fever is messing with both of us. Plus sedentary and huge is not my best look.

Already today we have watched three episodes of mickey (I feel horrible about this much TV!) taken a long bath, painted, ate breakfast, ate lunch, ate snack, went to the mailbox, played with blocks, trains, baby dolls, read books, and now she's finally napping. LOOOOOOOOOOOONG MORNING.

Blah! Ok, vent over!

Re: Nesting with a toddler is WORTHLESS!!!!

• Oh my goodness, I bet you're not kidding!  I can't even pick up my house with C at home and I'm not pregnant so I can't imagine how you feel.  Anyone (anyone at all?) that might be able to take DD out for some playground/treat out time?  I can't believe you're that close too!  How did that happen??? :-)

Also, it helps at all, I started putting a little water in each of the little watercolor paints instead of giving him a cup of water.  It works pretty well and was necessary after I found him downing his cup of watercolor water and declaring "mmm, juicy!".  ;-) 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagelrn327:

Oh my goodness, I bet you're not kidding!  I can't even pick up my house with C at home and I'm not pregnant so I can't imagine how you feel.  Anyone (anyone at all?) that might be able to take DD out for some playground/treat out time?  I can't believe you're that close too!  How did that happen??? :-)

Also, it helps at all, I started putting a little water in each of the little watercolor paints instead of giving him a cup of water.  It works pretty well and was necessary after I found him downing his cup of watercolor water and declaring "mmm, juicy!".  ;-) 

Such a good idea about the paint! I'll try that next time! And I have no idea how I got this far along. It snuck up on me, too! Eeee!

• Loading the player...
  • Can you get a babysitter/friend/family member to take her for a morning? I got a babysitter this morning and accomplished: 

-Cleaning out closet of Ava's new room

-Loading Ava's new closet with anything that is hers and/or is currently used

-Cleaned out nursery closet and make piles of garbage/Goodwill

-Organized toys in nursery

Three uninterrupted hours can make a HUGE difference!  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Oh mama, hang in there!
    I remember being sooo tired at the end it was crazy. All I wanted to do was veg. I agree If you can find someone to entertain toddler you'd feel so much better. Honestly though, id take the time to sleep. It's only going to get busier when LO arrives!
  • One of my favorite sayings is "trying to clean with a toddler in the house is like trying to brush your teeth while eating Oreos" because it's SO TRUE! :) Hang in there!

• Thanks ladies. I think the biggest problem is that even if I could get someone to watch her, I'd still have to find a way to bend over to pick stuff up, and she'd just trash the house right after again.

I THINK the bags are finally packed and ready, thank goodness, so that's a major thing off the list.

Might have to kill DH though since he asked why we don't just keep stuff off the floor in the first place, so we don't have to pick it all up every few days. Uh, because we have a toddler who throws stuff on the floor and I can't reach the floor, obviously!!!!

• I don't know why I bother picking up anything before bedtime b/c it just ends up a mess again anyway. It really is endless & being pg makes it all a million times harder!

A few weeks ago, I laid flat on the floor to reach under the couch for a toy & I had to pause for a second & realize - wow! I am laying on my belly! And as pathetic as it sounds, in that moment, I was actually thankful for the ability to lay on my belly again & not be pg.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"