C-sections
Options

Jeans

My LO is 6 months old today.. and I feel that my scar healed quite nicely..but I can't stand to wear jeans anymore.  I hate the feeling of clothes rubbing against my scar.  Is this normal and for how long?  Right now, I really only like wearing stretch pants and leggings

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Jeans

• Options
    I couldn't wear jeans (other than maternity jeans) until around 10 months PP. Every woman is different, but have you tried a different cut?  Maybe a higher waisted style would be more comfortable.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Maybe try one size up? I hated anything touching my scar too, but now it is fine. Eventually you will feel normal again. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have hated jeans forever. They suck on a good day. But post CS I cant stand them at all or any regular pants. I think I will wear leggings are dresses for the rest of my life.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I still can't stand anything on my incision.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It seems like there are many variations of normal... I am 7 months PP and my scar is pretty numb but it really doesn't bother me to wear jeans, I think I was wearing jeans by 3-4 weeks PP.  Granted they were about four sizes bigger than my pre pregnancy size but that had more to do with my fat arse than the incision.  If it's truly physical discomfort, perhaps it's worth checking out with your doctor if it doesn't get better in the next couple months.
    ***S/PAIFW***TTC since forever ago....

DH-34-MFI-motility+morphology.... Me-32-Hypothyrpid+LPD

7/8/11: Clomid100mg+Ovidrel+IUI#1=BFN

8/2/11: Clomid50mg+Ovidrel+IUI#2=BFFN

8/25/11: Follistim50iu+Ovidrel+IUI#3=BFP!!!!@14dpo

Beta#1 9/8 - 251 Beta#2 9/15 - 1622 Beta#3 9/22 - 12674

1st U/S; heard one beautiful HB of 129 - 9/29/11

OB visit; HB of 166 - 10/13/11

2nd US; HB of 163 - 10/18/11

A/S - 12/9/11 - It's a perfect healthy BOY!!!!

Our miracle baby boy - born 5/24/12

• Options
    Now we know why they are called moms' jeans!! A higher waist may help.
  • Options
    Hi, just got back into my pre pregnancy jeans within the past 2 weeks - my DD is 11 weeks on Wednesday.  I think I just like wearing them after not wearing them for SO long!!  Try tucking in a shirt or wearing a belly band under them?  That might help along the scar.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I don't wear jeans unless I have to. Stretch pants, yoga pants, pajama pants anything like that are way more comfortable for me. Not to mention I have not lost any weight since having DS, I have actually gained almost 30 pounds due to some medication that I am on for PPD, that I am now weaning myself from. So hopefully after that and stopping breastfeeding (which I wont due until a year) I will be able to lose all the weight and a bunch more because there will be NO MORE babies until I am at a healthy weight.
  • Options
    I actually wore my maternity jeans still for a couple months afterwards because the fabric went over my belly and that way nothing was irritating it. I eventually got used to wearing regular jeans after about 7 months just because it was hard to get my body used to wearing them again.
  • Options
    Jeans are a pain!  Literally!  However, I was able to find a pair at GAP--the jean material felt softer than the normal, thick, heavy-duty jean, and I got a size bigger.  They're loose and soft around my belly.  I wish it was summertime, so I could just wear dresses every day!  I hate that numb, raw feeling when anything touches the area between my incision and my belly button.  Ugh!  Hope you can find something comfortable to wear!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"