Breastfeeding

~*~*MSPI Moms Weekly Check-In*~*~

~*~*MSPI Moms Weekly Check-In*~*~

Welcome! This is a check-in for moms who are/were on a dairy free and/or soy free diet due to their LO's intolerance. The check-ins will be posted every Monday morning on the Breastfeeding board and XP'd to the Food Allergy board. I will RP a link to the check-in on the Breastfeeding board on Monday evenings for the nighttime posters, if the check-in isn't on the first page of posts. If you'd like to join the group, just post an intro here and dive in!

To check out the archive of our previous check-ins, please see the MSPI Moms Blog.

QOTW: How was everyone's Christmas? Were you able to make dairy/soy substitutes for your favorite dishes? Anything that came out better than expected? Anything in particular you missed having?

someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
MSPI Moms Check-In Blog

Re: ~*~*MSPI Moms Weekly Check-In*~*~

• Christmas at my Mom's went pretty well.  She prepared the ham and potatoes so I could have them. I brought a salad and Scotcheroos without the chocolate.  So the only things I had to avoid were the deviled eggs and the pies.  I didn't really miss them.

Christmas at the ILs was another story. I reminded MIL several times that I couldn't have dairy.  So what does she cook? Turkey basted in butter, twice baked potatoes with sour cream and chives, dinner rolls that she pre-buttered, and then she bought a frozen banana cream pie with chocolate ganosh and a sour cream apple crumb pie.  The only thing I could eat was the jello salad I brought and an apple I found in her fridge.  I was a fun day.  But I survived and LO giggled and grinned through the whole ordeal so that made it better. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image imageimageimage

• Christmas went pretty well.  We hosted so that was easy.  The party at my Grandparents was tough though.  I have a huge family and they all don't know so they kept trying to get me to try things and I'd have to explain.  If I just declined they went on and on about it's ok b/c it's the holidays and acted hurt.  Eventually I just started lying and saying I had already tried it and it was great.

There was a whole table of amazing looking deserts and I hated that the only thing I could have was fruit.  I did end up trying something on Christmas but I couldn't tell if DD had a reaction or not b/c she got a cold too.   

image   image

• Loading the player...
  • My family is really great and accommodating so Christmas with them I was able to eat everything. Christmas with the ils was another story... I just learn to plan for myself or snack before I go so I'm not too hungry. I made pumpkin pie that was amazing and mspi friendly, however I also made a pecan pie but it didn't turn out right and I think it was from the faux butter. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • SIL and BIL hosted Christmas Eve. She was kind enough to ask me how to alter dessert so DD1 and I could eat it. I really appreciated that! I missed eating DH's mashed potatoes though. I've tried baked potatoes with Earth Balance "butter," and didn't like them, so I told DH not to bother with altering the mashed potatoes. I do love Earth Balance for baking though!

My brother and SIL hosted Christmas Day. My mom brought turkey, gravy, and blueberry pie I could eat. I really wanted the lemon meringue pie and brownies everyone else ate, lol!

I do feel like maybe DD2 is turning a corner though. I've been eating a few packaged things with dairy/soy here and there, and I haven't noticed any reactions. I'm really hoping to be able to add more to my diet, so I can bf her for a lot longer. She'll be 1 in a few weeks. I really need more calories to continue bf'ing and stop losing weight. I'm hoping there's light at the end of the MSPI tunnel!

someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • Glad everyone did pretty well! I was really dreading the temptations of the holidays but it wasn't as bad as I thought. We had her blood drawn for RAST testing and depending on the results of that, I may start adding things back in. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm 2 days late but I'm posting anyway. :] Christmas went fine because we stayed home! My parents brought lunch on Christmas and my mom did her best, and I had a few things on hand to fill in the gaps. My ILs came over later in the week and brought treats I couldn't eat but whatever. I did get annoyed at DH when he said they wanted to go out to lunch because I'm pretty sure it was his idea, and just the day before he heard me talking about how eating out just causes me stress.
  • imageshotzie:

I do feel like maybe DD2 is turning a corner though. I've been eating a few packaged things with dairy/soy here and there, and I haven't noticed any reactions. I'm really hoping to be able to add more to my diet, so I can bf her for a lot longer. She'll be 1 in a few weeks. I really need more calories to continue bf'ing and stop losing weight. I'm hoping there's light at the end of the MSPI tunnel!

I hope so too!! GL with introducing more foods!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"