December 2011 Moms
Options

how are you weening from bedtime bottle?

Hello everyone - it's been way too long since I've jumped on the bump. However, I'm back looking for some real advise for you ladies!  

How are you/have you weened  your LO from the evening bottle?  I've been successful at transitioning from formula to WCM and he's doing ok with the sippy cup.  However, I cannot seem to fully transition off of the bottle.  

DH and I have accidentally continued to give him a bottle right before bed.  It's been our routine since he was born.  I didn't really take that into account moving away from that.  

Are you moving the bottle time forward until it just meets up with dinner?  Or slowly only giving less and less milk?  Or just going cold turkey?  

I just don't want to go too long with this and not getting away from the bottles.  

TIA! 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: how are you weening from bedtime bottle?

• Options
    We are almost completely off bottles.

New bedtime routine is to have a straw cup with milk, brush teeth, snuggle. I offer a bottle of water if she needs to suck. I also offer water in a bottle at 5 if she wakes then.

5 out of 7 nights she doesn't want the water bottle at all. I suspect she will be off them completely in a few weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We got rid of the bedtime bottle by decreasing the volume. 4 days of only 2oz and she decided it wasn't worth it.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We stopped bottles cold turkey right before DD turned 1 (when we transitioned to (WCM). We still give her the sippy of milk at bedtime but I've found that she is not really drinking much from it anymore and we will probably stop offering it all together in the next week or so. Once it wasn't a bottle and was a sippy as the only option she really didn't have as much interest (which told me that it wasn't about drinking milk it was more the sucking comfort of the bottle). It was maybe 2 nights of fussiness once we stopped cold turkey but it wasn't bad.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Honestly by accident.

We went to visit some of DH's family over Christmas and were out past bedtime.  Josephine fell asleep on the car ride home and we just put her in bed.  That was that.

Same thing happened on Christmas Eve and Christmas.  So, on the day after, I gave her a little snack before our normal bedtime routine, and voila no more bottles.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"