Adoption
Options

** ellekae **

imageellekae:
imagehey_its_jenn:

What goal did you reach?
We had a 6 person team for the MS Walk and we raised over $3,000. My goal for this year is $5,000!

I LOVE THIS! Thanks so much for doing the Walk:MS! My mom & one of my sisters have MS, so I always love to hear about people supporting finding a cure.

I can't believe you did the bike!  35 miles -- how amazing!  My DH has MS.  He was diagnosed 10 years ago. And just recently, my FIL was diagnosed. 

We have done 2 walks so far and we're going on our third. I had no idea how big the event was until we go there the first year.  It is so amazing to see all the people there for the walk. 

J&B // Married 9/19/09
J: 28 // B: 32 

TTC # 1 Since October 2010 (Not preventing since 2009)
November 2013: Applied & Accepted by the Agency
January 2014: Home Study, education class, Profiles
February 2014: "Officially Waiting"

Re: ** ellekae **

• Options

So sorry to hear about your DH and FIL. MS sucks. My family is lucky though (on the MS scale); my mom and sister have relapsing-remitting MS, so they are doing really well with meds.

We have done the 35-mile bike ride four times and the walk once. I thought the bike ride was a big event until I went to the walk in downtown Pittsburgh. It was INSANE how many people were there!  We went in the spring 2011, so I guess you were there too! If you saw a giant pregnant lady, that was me (I was 37 weeks with DD).

Also, assuming you are still in Lower Burrell (your profile on TB), we actually live really close to each other. We live in near Boyce Park. :)

Our Adoption Blog & Fundraising Efforts

Heading to China in November 2014 to bring our son home!

• Options

I'm glad to find someone so local on here!  We still live in that area so not very far from you at all.  We're probably up in Monroeville a few times a month so we go past Boyce Park all the time! 

The first time we showed up for a Walk, I had no idea what we were getting into.  Just the amount of people there all for the same cause - it literally brought tears to my eyes.  

Also, your DD is so amazingly adorable.  She makes me smile every time I look at your siggy - she's just too precious! :) 

Good luck on your journey! If you ever need to rant/talk, you can always PM me.  :)  

J&B // Married 9/19/09
    J: 28 // B: 32 

TTC # 1 Since October 2010 (Not preventing since 2009)
    November 2013: Applied & Accepted by the Agency
    January 2014: Home Study, education class, Profiles
    February 2014: "Officially Waiting"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"