2nd Trimester
Options

Maternity Clothes?

So, I decided to start looking for maternity clothes.  My work clothes (basically my regular pants) are becoming more and more uncomfortable to wear for long hours.  I checked out Motherhood, which was ok.  I decided to try Kohls and Target today.  Kohls was extremely disappointing.  They only had 2 racks and had the section right next to the petites.  I walked out annoyed with the poor selection on dress pants.  Target was much better.  I am not hoping to buy too much, but I would like at least 5 pairs of dress pants for work.  Any suggestions of good maternity work clothes? 

Re: Maternity Clothes?

• Options

I'm looking for work pants right now too.  I'm down to about 2 pairs that still fit! Target has good ones, so does Loft (online only - they have really good sales of like 50% off) and my last pregnancy I loved Gap maternity pants.  They were by far the nicest material. 

I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions for places to find summer maternity right now.  I'm going to Florida in February, and don't have summer maternity from my first pregnancy (I wasn't in maternity at that point with #1) and need white jeans, sundresses, etc, and I'm not sure where I'll find those now! 

• Options
    GAP online...AMAZING!!!  I am tall too and there stuff ran in long length, SO hard to find.  Kohls sucks!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Also check into consignement shops. I bought three pairs last weekend from a consignment chain Kid to Kid, a pair of designer denim and 2 pairs of work slacks, one of them has the new tags on it. I spent how much I would have spent on a full price item.
  • Options
    I am cheap and am. Not a fan of some of Motherhoods prices 30 for leggings is lame! Old Navy online has some great sales right now. I borrowed some ON clothing for my first pregnancy and it all seemed decent.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

bodenusa.com

Look under women, then maternity collection! 

• Options

Ugh, agree about Kohls...I'm SO disappointed in their maternity section...if you can even call it that. It's terrible. And I love getting my non-maternity clothes from there so I'm pretty much done shopping there until late next year...

Target is great, very organized and lots of selection. Motherhood is okay for the prices, but from reviews I've heard the quality is pretty terrible and the clothes don't last long. However, being that you're only needing the work pants for the next few months I'd go to Motherhood. They have some pretty good deals online for their basic black work pants. LOFT Maternity has nice work clothes, but it's $$$...more than I'd want to pay for something I can only wear for the next 4 months...and you have to buy everything online. Depending on how professional your work environment is, Old Navy has some tops that could pass for business casual.

And my last advice is try not think just "maternity." A lot of regular tops can be worn throughout pregnancy...just look for longer styles, empire waists and bigger sizes than you would normally wear...you can make them look more fitted with a belt or a scarf. I love sweater dresses because I just throw on a belt and it's instant maternity wear.

Good luck shopping!

--Danielle Sheree BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    Oooold Navy. They're almost always having a sale, and they've got great basics. I like the Gap too, but they tend to be a teensy bit pricier. 
  • Options
    I LOVE old navy for maternity clothes and the prices are really reasonable!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    Gap has the ONLY work pants I liked.. had to buy them online though. Old Navy had a pair that I could use in first and early second tri but they're the low waist band and they're pretty uncomfortable now.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Do you have a Burlington Coat Factory near you? That's where I picked up some inexpensive maternity clothes. We don't have many options where we live so aside from BCF, I am limited to Target and Motherhood (or ordering online).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I found a couple pairs at Macys, along with a pair of jeans and a few tops.  I just have to say that I'm loving my maternity clothes.  I think I may just wear them after the baby is born too!  I also found a great pair at Target which I just practically live in now.  Love it.

I do know what you mean  though, it does seem like the selection is few and far between.  My mom & I went to JC Penney and they didn't even have a maternity section!

Welcomed our baby boy Henry on March 15, 2013 (7 weeks early!)

TTA until 2014

• Options
    I got my maternity work clothes from motherhood, destination maternity, & Burlington.

• Options
    Thrift stores are great! I have found some high-quality, name brand maternity clothes in great condition at Goodwill and Salvation Army.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #2 9/5/2012 -- Born 5/20/2013 -- Welcome, rainbow baby!
    BFP #1 1/24/12 -- No HB 2/16/12 -- Misoprostol 3/10/12
    image image image
  • Options
    I tried on the disgusting polyester nightmare "dress pants" at Motherhood and almost threw up on myself. I ended up buying two pairs of maternity dress pants from the Gap. They are $70 each, but they were having a sale and I got them for $50 each. (Google for coupon codes/keep your eyes open for sales). They are so comfy, and they look just like my regular Loft dress pants. They have a full panel and should fit for the whole pregnancy. As for tops, I just wear shirts/sweaters from Old Navy mostly.
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options
    imageDanielleSheree:

And my last advice is try not think just "maternity." A lot of regular tops can be worn throughout pregnancy...just look for longer styles, empire waists and bigger sizes than you would normally wear...you can make them look more fitted with a belt or a scarf. I love sweater dresses because I just throw on a belt and it's instant maternity wear.

Good luck shopping!

People say this all the time, but I just can't swing it. I still have 14 weeks to go, and anything non-maternity looks ridiculous on me simply because it's WAY shorter in the front than the back. That includes dresses and tops. I pretty much can only wear maternity stuff at this point. 

Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options
    Motherhood Maternity :)
    PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Cat tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards