Natural Birth
Options

Sock on or off at natural birth?

sock on or off at natural birth? when i leave my sock on nurses dont take them off?
most nurses take mother leg in her hands and touch feet...
If you were in labor, you leave socks on or off?

Re: Sock on or off at natural birth?

• Options
    For me, sock on! lol i hate it when other people touch my feet. But the final decision is up to you hun.
    Happy to be a mom :)
  • Options
    I did not wear socks since I was in and out of the tub during labor. I wore slippers when I was out of the tub.  I do not think the nurses will care if you have socks on or not.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Had socks off for my home birth with DS.

This time I will aim for socks on because we're having a hospital birth. And hospitals are full of bugs and germs, etc. 

• Options
    I kept mine on the entire time. They got tossed by my wonderful LD nurse after, though. They got a bit messy during the whole process ;
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP: 12/20/13 EDD: 08/23/14 (discovered m/c at 8w5d)
    BFP: 09/22/14 EDD: 06/06/15 (hoping for our rainbow)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Confused

Whatever you're most comfortable with.  They're your feet.  

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I can't remember! My guess is, my socks were on, because It was cold in there.
    Wyatt 9/6/2011 
    Tessa 7/5/2013
    Baby #3- ????? (ttc soon)

• Options

Don't remember for DS1.  For DS2, off, since I got out of the shower, climbed on the bed and delivered.

On the other end of the birth, I've had many patients leave them on and many take them off.  Doesn't bother me either way.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Unless there is something really strange about your feet your nurses won't care 
    : )

So whatever makes you happy. I dont' know if I had socks on it was the last thing on my mind.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I don't really remember, but I think I had my socks off. I might have tried to wear my flip flops for a while, but I don't think that lasted long. My usually modest self was stark naked and not caring about anything shortly after I arrived to the hospital. FWIW, I don't think anyone touched my feet, socks on or off ;)

Anniversary g

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I wore very thick socks with treads on the bottom & wore them kind of like slippers.  I walked around the hospital during labor until I went into transition, so they were the perfect compromise between regular socks & shoes.  I don't like my feet being touched either, so barefoot wasn't an option for me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imagesbevmc09:

Confused

Whatever you're most comfortable with.  They're your feet.  

This.

I usually always wear something on my feet.  But I went into the tub during labor so I was barefoot. 

• Options

Socks on out of courtesy..... I have warty feet!

Ew. Sorry. ;) 

"Can I call your baby 'Ze Munchkin,' or 'ZM' for short?" - my best friend
  • Options
    Whatever your comfortable with, I'm sure nurses and docs have seen it all :) your choice Momma! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't have my socks on for any of my 3 natural births. They came off as I got into my laboring clothes/hospital gowns. I also had 2 waterbirths, so obviously no socks there. Also I had no one touch my feet at all, in any of my labors (I wasn't flat on my back needing my legs up in the air supported by nurses...)
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I don't remember. I think I was naked. At no point was I in stirrups, though, so no one was touching my feet. Natural birth is about being comfortable and this is not something you need to decide in advance.
  • Options

I actually had socks on Bc despite it being a warm day, the hospital was freezing. I remember I had just gotten a pedi so I wouldn't stick nasty feet in my OBs face but after I delivered I realized I had a huge hole in the bottom of my sock :) 

But I agree with PPs, its really not a big deal at all. And I delivered in stirrups on my back...

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • Options
    For me, socks on.  I don't like walking around outside of my home barefoot.  Also, I don't really like my feet so I definitely wouldn't want a stranger touching or looking at my feet.  Also, it's a comfort thing.  I'm more comfortable in my socks so I kept them on during labor and delivery.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

This is so silly.  Do what is comfortable...and I hope for your sake that you are not giving birth naturally in the supine position with your legs in stirrups- sounds horrible. 

Lilypie - (ZESJ)Lilypie - (QAi1)

• Options

Like she said, it all comes down to how you feel. The first birth I had I remember everyone complimenting my pedicure, the second one happened so fast that my socks were still on. Plus, the hospital I was in the second time was cold.

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Mine were OFF because I was up walking around (in flip flops), getting in and out of the shower, etc. 

In my natural birth (at a birth center), no one held my feet as I got in my own natural positions. Only in a hospital (epi) did I lay on my back and have people hold my feet. 

• Options
    For me, socks off.  I go barefoot at home most of the time even in winter.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Honestly, I don't remember if I even had socks on or not. It was the last thing on my mind!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I wore socks because my feet were freezing most of the time. 

I'm going to school to become a midwife! 
    You can follow my journey here: http://midwife101.wordpress.com
  • Options
    Trust me, you won't even notice or care whether you have socks on or not! :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    I was completely naked when I gave birth to my son!

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                         BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• Options
    I have no idea. Socks were the last thing on my mind lol

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I had modest intentions... and then stripped totally naked for my first hospital birth as soon as i walked into the room. Plan away but know labor made me crazy!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"