Success after IF

"Meet Baby M party" was a success

Sorry for the AW posts today; have been busy and haven't been around much lately!

DH & I hosted our "Meet Baby M" party/get-together yesterday morning, and it was such a success.  I had lots of anxiety beforehand cuz M can be so unpredictably fussy at times.  But he was so charming and happy yesterday and I almost don't recognize him, LOL.  He was calm, smiling and cooing, and was happily content when I put him down in the swing for a while!  

DH pitched in a lot by cleaning the house from top to bottom.  SIL came over early to help me set up, and she brought cranberry scones.  I baked blueberry muffins.  In addition, I bought bagels/cream cheese, Trader Joe's ready-to-bake frozen croissants (OMG, they are insanely delicious), and b'fast sausage links.  

We don't have too many friends here but almost all came despite a snowstorm the night before.  One of the couples had IF and the wife is 39w pg - scheduled for c-section this week!  We're so happy for them, and gave them a bunch of things that M had already outgrown.

We specifically said "No gifts" and were glad that everyone abide our wishes.  They had already given M gifts when he was born and I didn't want them feel obligated to bring another gift for this party.  All-in-all, we all had a great time! 

TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: "Meet Baby M party" was a success

• Oh how fun! We were going to do a meet E party over thanksgiving when I went back home, but E got so sick we had to cancel. We're going to try again in January. I'm so glad yours went well though. It seems like the LOs act better around company, I think they like the attention!
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • How fun!  Your post is making me hungry :) It's wonderful that M had a good time too.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Sounds like you had a great time :
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • What a terrific idea. Im so glad it went well. You are making me hungry. Ha!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • A job well done. Good work!

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Philo

Baby N conceived after 1 miscarriage and more than 2 years of TTC. Diagnosis was low sperm count. We found success after 3 months of anastrozole to increase DH's testosterone and one IUI.
    Some charts AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

I'm stupid. You're smart. I was wrong. You were right. You're the best. I'm the worst. You're very good-looking. I'm not attractive. - Happy Gilmore
  • Sounds like a wonderful day!!!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That's super! We did something similar when DS was old enough for us to take him out to meet DH's family. (It is a long trip.) I'm glad it went well!
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • I've never heard of a "Meet" party, but it sounds like such a great idea.  Glad you all had a wonderful day.
    *My Loves, My Life, My Littles*

02/18/11, 05/24/12 and 12/03/13

• That sound like fun! I'm glad it was a success. 

DX: DOR and MFI 

IVF w/ICSI brought us our 1st precious miracle

V born via induction 4.29.11

TTC #2: IVF (MDLF) August/September 2012

ER 9/7: 6R, 5M, 4F ET 9/12: 5dt of 2 blasts 

+HPT 9/17! Beta #1 (9/25) = 1,000 Beta #2 (9/27) = 1,860 U/S #1 (10/11)...TWINS!

1/8/13 - It's a..boy and a girl!!   

S&B born via induction 5.8.13

imageimage

• Thank you all!

I learned about "Meet the baby party" on the baby shower board.  Since I didn't have a baby shower, I thought it'd be nice to have a meet the baby party so we can thank our local friends who have given us so much gifts and support over the past months.  Also, it is just nice to get all of them here in one single visit rather than multiple visits!

TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"