Success after IF
Options

Bedrest after IVF

Hello Ladies,

I don't know the rules and protocol of these boards, so forgive me if I'm not allowed to post here! :)  I am doing IVF #2 in January and wondering what worked for you guys?  Last time I stayed no more than 30 min at the RE's after the transfer (getting up to pee and change during that time) and then stayed in bed the entire day after the transfer and the following day as well and took it easy around the house the next day. This time I will be working and almost wonder if I was too still last time (I was on summer break). I hear so many differing opinions. I hear people laid completely still at the RE's for 30 min after and kept their hips elevated when home for 24 hours...

Would love to hear from those of you who did IVF and are now pregnant! 

Thanks in advance!! :)
Me:28, DH:30 Married: 07/07/07 TTC Since: March 2011 MFI Me: Possible PAI-1
April 2012:Varicocele embolization
IVF #1 July 2012: BFN :( DH- Femara 90 days 
12/10/2012 Femara helped!
IVF# 2: Jan 2013 BFP, M/C 6weeks0days
5 frosties. 
IVF #3 FET April 2013 BFP, M/C 7 weeks 0 days. 
3 frosties

Re: Bedrest after IVF

• Options
    I stayed in a hospital bed with my head well below my feet for one hour before being discharged after both my fresh and frozen transfer. Once I got home I stayed on the couch only getting up to go to the bathroom or quickly fix myself something to eat that day. The next day I went to work after my fresh transfer and went Christmas shopping after my frozen transfer. I even started taking care of Chloe the next day, lifting her and all. Both were successful, at least so far! GL!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    They had me stay on the table 30 minutes after the transfer if I could hold it that long. I did. However once done with that I just took it easy which for me meant being lazy with no exercise for 2 days.

I also did go to work the day after transfer. This was my one and only cycle and it worked. Hope you have the same success this time around!

IVF #1 ET 1 d3 embryo 10/30/11 BFP
    3 Embryos frozen (1 d5, 2 d6)

DS born 07/29/12

FET #1 ET 1 d5 embryo 02/10/15 BFN

FET #2 1 d6 embryo didn't survive thaw, transferred last d6. CP :(

• Loading the player...
  • Options

You're certainly welcome to post here anytime.

As for your question, I think I was at the doctor's office for about half an hour after my transfer, then drove the hour and a half home and then I went about my normal life.  I even went out to dinner the night I had the transfer done.  My doctor had said to do bed rest to light activity but all my reading said that success rates are no higher with bed rest than without and it just made more sense to me to go about my normal life.  After all, women get pregnant all the time without lying in bed for days after each time they have sex.  I get that we may be more reproductively challenged, but implantation is dependent more on uterine lining and a good embryo than on someone lying around.  I'm not saying it would be wise to go out and run a marathon, but I just don't think strict bed rest is necessary.

Hope it works out for you this time.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• Options
    I was on bed rest for 24 hours, then couch potato rest for 3 days.
    MFI and (now) AMA
    IVF 1 April 2011 - Cancelled
    IVF 1.5 July 2011 - MC
    IVF 2 October 2011 - BFP!
    *Identical Twin Boys born June 2012*
    Here we go again...IVF 3 is underway!
  • Options

I was completely still at the RE's office for 30 minutes. Then, I was on bed rest for 3 days. That meant no lifting, feet up on the couch, and getting up to pee and walk around once an hour. I was also not allowed to do laundry, lift anything over 5 pounds, or do any exercise for the first 12 weeks I was in his care before I was released to the OB.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options

After the IVF's, we stayed in bed still for 30 minutes.  I had 2 RE's tell me that the research shows no correlation between bed rest and success. 

All I can say is that I didn't do bed rest the first time (BFN).  Then I did bed rest (5 days lying on my couch watching movies) and I got pregnant with my son and then my daughter. 

3 IUI's and 2 IVF's later- Brady arrived. Born at 36 weeks after PUPPS and pre-e/HELLP.
    IUI- BFN IVF #1 -BFP! Allie is our 2nd IVF baby. Born at 36 1/2 weeks after pre-e again
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

• Options
    With all 3 of my transfers I did 45 minutes no getting up at all after transfer (slid from transfer table to cot for 1st two, stayed on table 3rd time).   I also did 24 hours bed rest, which I chose to take very literally and stayed in bed.   With IVF #1 I had a desk job and was able to take it easy for a few days.  FET #2 I did my best, but still had a 26lb toddler to carry around at times.   FET #1 DH went out of town as soon as I got off bedrest so I really couldn't take it easy at all.  I don't know if that contributed to the failure or not (I think it was embryo thawing quality).  GL!

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• Options

For both transfers, I laid down for about 10 minutes afterwards before getting up to pee and go home. I did 48 hours of strict bed rest, followed by another 24 of lounging on the couch after my first IVF. For the second, I was just able to squeeze in 24 hours of bed rest before continuing on with business as usual (caring for DS, telecommuting, etc). Both were successful. 

Good luck! 

DX: DOR and MFI 

IVF w/ICSI brought us our 1st precious miracle

V born via induction 4.29.11

TTC #2: IVF (MDLF) August/September 2012

ER 9/7: 6R, 5M, 4F ET 9/12: 5dt of 2 blasts 

+HPT 9/17! Beta #1 (9/25) = 1,000 Beta #2 (9/27) = 1,860 U/S #1 (10/11)...TWINS!

1/8/13 - It's a..boy and a girl!!   

S&B born via induction 5.8.13

imageimage

• Options

On both IVF's & one FET I stayed lying down after the transfer for about 1 hr & then I did an acupuncture session & went home & stayed on bedrest (couch) for three day's.  My first cycle was a success, the second ended in a cp & the FET failed.  GL!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I was on strict bed rest with both ivfs, two different RE's and got pg both times. I would definitely do bed rest if you can! I was only allowed to get up to pee for 48 hours.

Good luck!
    Married on 3.20.2004. It took 30 month, 2 failed adoptions and IVF for our first miracle. We have had 9 foster kids since he was born and started the domestic adoption process when he was 10 month old, we had 4 failed matches in that time. After our daughter was born we brought her home and spent 2 weeks fearing we might lose her because of complications that came up. But Praise God all went through and she is ours forever! Expecting again after IVF Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
  • Options

I think I laid down at the office for about 20 minutes, but the RE told me even that wasn't really necessary. He said they really only recommend that people take it easy so that they have peace of mind, and so they won't worry that they did something wrong later.  

Both embryos stuck around : )

Married 07.07.07. Mom to 3: Ruby 11/08 and Oliver & Austin 12/11
  • Options

I rested at the RE for 30 minutes and then I actually was a couch potato for an entire 7 days.  I only got off the couch to go the bathroom or eat.  I know this may be extreme but it was our one chance and it worked.  I don't regret taking that time to take care of myself, catch up on much needed sleep and praying a lot. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"