October 2012 Moms
Options

Lots of Poop. Anyone else?

So my son has been pooping a TON over the past two weeks.  When I say a ton, I mean anywhere from 8-10 times a day.  Some are big poops others are just small poops passed with gas. He is BF and his poop looks exactly as it should.  Aside from an awful rash I am trying to get under control from all the changing, he acts perfectly normal, but I am still concerned.  I have taken him in to see the Dr. who didn't seem too worried about it.  Does anyone else have this problem?  Maybe he just has a super fast metabolism?  I am thinking of cutting out dairy to see if that helps.  I'm just at a loss and feel bad for the poor little guy.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

imageimage 

BFP 1/24/2012 - DS Born 9/22/2012 (11 days early!)
BFP 2/15/2014 - CP 2/19/2014
BFP 11/4/2014 - Due 7/14/2015

Re: Lots of Poop. Anyone else?

• Options
    We have been going through boxes of diapers soooo much faster lately... Explopoop after every other feeding!!

Married my best friend 09.18.11
    TTC since 12.10.11, BFP #1 02.10.12
    Baby E born 10/18/12. 8.5lbs and 21in of pure perfection!

My Blogging Endeavors:
    Here Comes Mommy
  • Options
    My kid is the opposite now. He's down to just a few poops a day. He's BF too.

In the beginning he pooped as many times as your LO. Now we are lucky if he goes three times a day.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm having the opposite situation. My LO hasn't pooped in 3 days. I'm probably going to call the pedi
  • Options

imagepiffle42:
    We also get multiple poops a day and have since birth. At least 3 really big ones but usually more. Plus DD sharts a lot so there's always something. She very rarely has just wet diapers.

This is my LO too. 

• Options

This happened to my DD and eventually she had a fever (have you checked your LO's temp?). We took her to the ER because of the temp and it turned out to be a stomach bug, which we all got unfortunately. We just had to make sure she kept eating enough, watch for dehydration, and treated the temp with Tylenol if it was high enough. I felt so sorry for her, but she got over it and we're all healthy now.

TTC #1 since 4/2011. Cycle 1 = BFN. Cycle 2 = BFN. Cycle 3 = BFP 6/28. CP 7/2. Cycle 4 = TTA. Cycle 5 = BFN. Started progesterone. Cycle 6 = Disaster. Cycle 7 = Progesterone. BFN Cycle 8 = BFN. Cycle 9 = BFN. Cycle 10 = BFP 1/1/12. C/P 1/8/12. Cycle 11 = BFP 2/3. Stick! Due 10/15/12. Baby girl arrived via c-section on 10/10/12 after 20 hours of labor. Welcome my love!
  • Options
    yup my ebf baby poops constantly and pretty much always has. 1-4 big poops a day and a few smaller / sharts.
    DD 9/15/12
  • Options
    My BF LO poops anywhere from 2 to 5 times a day and definitely has had some days with 8 or 9 poops. I would just watch for any other signs that she is not feeling well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    LO has an explosive poo at exactly 5:30 every day... Then no other poo the rest of the day
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My DD has always had 8 to 10 poops a day. Just recently she started holding it at night but still usually poops after every feeding during the day. 
  • Options
    Well some days are good days, some are bad as far as the level of poop goes.  He is acting normal, is not showing a fever, and we are slowly getting his rash under control.  I guess this cloth diapering mama needs to invest in a few more prefolds.  :)

BabyFruit Ticker

imageimage 

BFP 1/24/2012 - DS Born 9/22/2012 (11 days early!)
    BFP 2/15/2014 - CP 2/19/2014
    BFP 11/4/2014 - Due 7/14/2015
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"