Multiples
Options

Talk to me about 3 month olds

DH and I have a great thing going - in terms of shifts for taking care of them.  It's been tough, but we both get enough sleep to survive this time.  In a few weeks my boys will be 3 months old.  This is also the time DH will start traveling again for work leaving me at home with the boys 24 7 for up to a week at a time.  They are already getting easier (sleeping longer than 3 hour stretches & entertaining themselves more) but it's still a lot on my own.  I'm planning on hiring a mother's helper a few afternoons a week to get some breaks.  Anyone else on their own 24 7 for days at a time when your babies were this age.  I know we'll all survive, but I'm starting to get nervous.  Thanks in advance and here's a picture for reading this post:

D & R were born at 37w5d.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Talk to me about 3 month olds

• Options
    3 to 4 months is when everything got so much better. They started interacting and playing, and sleep was a huge improvement. I was on my own during most of the day, but I had a college student come MWF from 8 to 12 so I could clean, do laundry, run errands, etc.

I'm going back to work Wednesday and am so sad to leave them at daycare because we really have a good thing going.
    MFI and (now) AMA
    IVF 1 April 2011 - Cancelled
    IVF 1.5 July 2011 - MC
    IVF 2 October 2011 - BFP!
    *Identical Twin Boys born June 2012*
    Here we go again...IVF 3 is underway!
  • Options
    What cuties! My husband worked shift work and went back at 3 months....it was tough but you got a routine down and just made it work! Things will only get better from here on out!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My DH went back to work 12 hour night shifts when my kids were a month old. I know it's not the same thing but I had to do bedtime alone most nights and that was rough. They really are so much easier at 3 months especially by four. At 3 months mine started sleeping 8-10 hours easy. The first week might be rough but as you establish a routine you'll get more comfortable and so will they. It helps them feel secure. Good luck

DSC_0011MOD
    Married since June 2010
    TTC #1 since 04/2011
    3 abnormal PAPs and 2 colpo/biopsy since 09/2009
    LEEP 05/2011
    ASCUS PAP 08/2011 which means no PAP for 6 months!! YAY!!
    BFP 11/6/11!! EDD: 7/15/12
    1st u/s 11/21/11: TWINS!
    16 wks 1/30/12: BOY and GIRL!
    Schedualed c-section for 7/2/12 38wks 1day
    Went into labor 6/25/12 37wks 1day. Delivered two healthy babies
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image image
  • Options
    They are adorable!!
    I wasn't on my own at that age but in terms of what they were like, HSHHC made a huge difference for us at that age. My boys fell into a good consistent nap routine at 8 weeks (right when we started following some of the HSHHC principles) and nighttime sleep was still a mess for a little bit after that but they started STTN at 4.5m. Hope it goes well for you!
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options
    Thank you ladies, your posts are so encouraging. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed with two babies this small and needy. It's hard, but it has flown by already. I'm looking forward to how much they will develop in the next few months. DH is excited for when they will be able to talk and tell him what they need. :

And thanks for the book recomendation, HSHHC.

• Options

imageprojectbaby2012:
    Thank you ladies, your posts are so encouraging. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed with two babies this small and needy. It's hard, but it has flown by already. I'm looking forward to how much they will develop in the next few months. DH is excited for when they will be able to talk and tell him what they need. : And thanks for the book recomendation, HSHHC.

Oh yes, I remember longing for them to be able to tell us what they need. It really does help! Even if it gets annoying at times. ;)

fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options

My husband travels for work too, and I think his first trip for the whole week was when my boys were about three months. It is a scary thought to think of having them for the whole week by yourself. I found it helpful to have something planned each day. Either meeting up with a friend, walking around target or walmart, walking at the park. Looking forward to an activity with the boys each day helped so much. Also, if you have anyone in the area that can come over for a few hours during the week to help out, I would recommend that. My sister came over twice that week for a few hours so I could catch up on laundry, cleaning, etc. 

You will do great! It is a lot of work, but you will be surprised how easy it seems after a day or two. Good luck! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 21C
  • Options
    What book is HSHHC? 
    photo image-3.jpg Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagebrookith:

My husband travels for work too, and I think his first trip for the whole week was when my boys were about three months. It is a scary thought to think of having them for the whole week by yourself. I found it helpful to have something planned each day. Either meeting up with a friend, walking around target or walmart, walking at the park. Looking forward to an activity with the boys each day helped so much. Also, if you have anyone in the area that can come over for a few hours during the week to help out, I would recommend that. My sister came over twice that week for a few hours so I could catch up on laundry, cleaning, etc. 

You will do great! It is a lot of work, but you will be surprised how easy it seems after a day or two. Good luck! 

Thanks for the recommendation of having something planned each day.  I just need to stay strong for the nights by myself. Once the sun comes up, it's easier. 

And by the way, I love the picture of your boys in the Christmas boxes.  So cute! 

• Options
    Okay, I just had to hop on here and say OMG... those kids are adorable!! Those big eyes! That dark hair! No advice, good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"