September 2012 Moms

? about boy parts

I feel stupid asking this, but here goes: 

Tonight while changing W's diaper, his scrotum looked like a little shriveled sack.  I could not see his testicals in there. I felt it like I've seen the doctor do at pedi exams and I could only feel one.

My older son is 2, so I've changed plenty of boy diapers, but this is the first time I've ever noticed this.

Is this anything to worry about?  Has anyone else seen this?  I'm guessing the other testical just ascended back into his groin and will come back down???

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: ? about boy parts

• imagebvandalsen:
    He was probably just cold. FWIW, my pedi checks his scrotum every checkup to make sure they (DS1 and now DS2) are developing right- if you are worried make sure yours does as well.

Ours does as well and hasn't had any concerns.  I just haven't ever not noticed them there before so it kind of freaked me out.  

• imagebvandalsen:
    imageJennifer Ruth:

imagebvandalsen:
    He was probably just cold. FWIW, my pedi checks his scrotum every checkup to make sure they (DS1 and now DS2) are developing right- if you are worried make sure yours does as well.

Ours does as well and hasn't had any concerns.  I just haven't ever not noticed them there before so it kind of freaked me out.  

Ha, ha- believe me I understand. Just to be safe I asked DH about it and he said that when boys are cold, they shrivel up and when they are hot, they descend. LOL- I felt like an idiot asking, but I needed to know also! =)

Great minds, thanks!  I wanted to ask my DH but he's working tonight.  (Boooo, but he always works NYE)

• Loading the player...
  • I pretty much ask my DH everytime I change his diaper if everything looks normal. I have no idea. I have 3 sisters. All my sister's/SIL's have girls and all my friends have girls. I'm at a total loss!

My MIL mentioned today that she when she changed him she noticed that he had alot of foreskin or something to that fact. I just looked at her and told I have no idea what it is supposed to look like (she has 3 boys and is a nurse). She just said to ask my doctor next time. She just laughed at me when I told her I didn't know what it was supposed to look like.

• I've witnessed this once. It was either bath time or during a diaper change. DS was squirming so it looked like it was kind of spazzing out.
    Gabriel 09-11-2012 No dairy, egg, peanuts, tree nuts
    DSC_0803
    DH deployed since July 22
  • This has happened to C before too. DH says it's all good. Probably cold!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"