June 2013 Moms
Options

Abnormal PAP and colposcopy

I had my PAP come back abnormal.  After a two week wait, I had a colposcopy performed last Friday to get a better look at the cervix.  Ever since, I've had cramping and some weird spotting.  But not bleeding necessarily.  Anyone else?  I'm super nervous right now....
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Abnormal PAP and colposcopy

• Options
    I had two colposcopies about 12 years ago. While I don't remember all of the details, I do remember having some tissue discharge.  I remember calling the nurse and her saying it was totally normal. 
    BFP#1 on 7.1.10 ~ Little Miss M born on 3.3.11 BFP#2 on 4.7.12 ~ EDD 12.17.12 ~ natural MC at 6w3d BFP#3 in 11.5.12 ~ EDD 6.29.13 ~ angel baby lost at 18w6d due to terminal diagnosis
  • Options

I'm so sorry that you have to go through this.  I also had an abnormal pap and a colpo earlier in this pregnancy.  And I also had some weird spotting afterwards (I had a biopsy as well, and some of it was from some agent they put up there to help healing? sorry.. that sounds gross).  Anyway, my doctor warned me about that.. and everything turned out fine.  I also had some mild cramping, but like I said, it has been a little more than a month since mine, and the baby and I are both fine. 

Call you dr. if it keeps up though.  Always better for piece of mind.  Hope everything is alright.  I know that was a really scary situation for me? I will be thinking of you.  

image image
    Bennett Andrew- 6/4/13      Nora Elizabeth - 10/3/14
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageMegStory17:

And I also had some weird spotting afterwards (I had a biopsy as well, and some of it was from some agent they put up there to help healing? sorry.. that sounds gross).  Anyway, my doctor warned me about that.. and everything turned out fine.  I also had some mild cramping, but like I said, it has been a little more than a month since mine, and the baby and I are both fine.  

My doctor didn't set any expectations with me at all.  I'm beyond pissed.  From what I have Googled, what I am seeing is from the agent used for healing...I had a biopsy as well.  It's just making me nervous.  I'm going to call them asap.  Thanks for the thoughts and input ladies.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm shocked people's doctors took biopsies while you were pregnant. I just had a colpo done and the doctor didn't take biopsy but just looked at the abnormal cells. I've had abnormal cells since 2010 and during both pregnancies (currently in second pregnancy), they wouldn't take a biopsy since it can affect the cervix.

If you are concerned about anything don't be afraid to call your doctor. They are there to ease your mind. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"