Baby Names

Baby girl 'Luca Eve' thoughts?

Re: Baby girl 'Luca Eve' thoughts?

• Wow. You alright? No need to get angry/ frustrated, I'm naming my child - not yours;).

I have both a girl and a boy and nope was not specifically hoping for one gender over the other. Have been corresponding with an Italian friend and it seems American women have strong opinions where he and his friends think its lovely for a girl, obvi not typical but lovly all the same. Most men i've spoken with here think it's far too effeminate sounding for a US man (not my opinion).

I am curious on other opinions but didn't expect such a physical reaction! Ha!

• First thought is boy, never heard Luca as a girl name.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I think Lucia is prettier than Luca. I do like Eve! 
  • I thought Luca was a boys name. I like Eve and like pp suggestion of Lucia Eve

• In the US, and especially this board, LUCA is a boy name. Lucia and others are girl names.

• Oh lord, you're in for a treat. 

Honestly I think it's an alright name. Luca IS a boy name yes, but to me it sounds feminine. JMO. I love Eve though. 

Dx PCOS 09/12
    Married my best friend 10/12/12
    TTC 1 since 10/12
    NTNP Fall 2013 to focus on a healthier lifestyle
    Anniversary

• First of all, I don't think Luca Eve flows well at all. Secondly, I really love Luca- for a boy. I just do not see it as a feminine name. Harsh sounding. What about Lucia?
    Loss #1 2008, Loss #2 2010, Loss #3 2011, Loss #4 2012, Loss #5 2012
    Loss #6 2014 Loss #7 (chemical) 2014

~DS Born! 2009~
    ~DD Born! 2013~
    ~DD due! 2015~

• I don't like Luca for a girl, but Eve is a pretty middle name.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I agree with everyone else, Lucia is much prettier and an actual girl name.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageManderlin923:
    First of all, I don't think Luca Eve flows well at all. Secondly, I really love Luca- for a boy. I just do not see it as a feminine name. Harsh sounding. What about Lucia?

This exactly.

BFP 1/8/10, MC 1/15/10 | BFP 3/20/10, MC 6/24/10 | BFP 12/13/10...EDD 8/22/11...DD born 6/7/11 @ 29 weeks 1 day Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • As the mother of a baby boy Luca (with an Italian last name), please please don't name your girl that.  Jenny Garth already diluted it naming her girl, Luca.  So irritating!  

There are so many girls names to choose, why oh why do boys names keep becoming unisex?  Parker, Elliot, Addison, Cameron, and on and on and on...

Because it is an Italian name, it double-y bothers me that a boy name would be on a girl.  Italians take gender in language very seriously.  So it bugs me all the more to hear girls named Luca.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers
  • imagemj.reilly:

::bangs head on desk::

So how do you really feel? That totally made me LOL!!! Good one.

OP- Luca sounds like a boy's name, but Eve is very nice. 

TTGP March Siggy Challenge
  • Personally I couldn't get behind naming a girl luca. I think it is terrible. For a boy I love it. I do like Eve though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
  • @ mjreily - love opinions but being disrespectful is just classless, on any board.  Lose the *** factor 'sweetheart.' 

Thank you for all the feedback - this is an exciting time! 

• In my opinion, Luca Eve doesn't flow well and comes off kind of awkwardly. Luca is a great name... for a boy. I agree with PPs though, Lucia sounds great with Eve and is a much better choice. I've always loved this name (pronounced LOO-sha). 

If you did name a girl Luca... would you use Luke as a nickname? I don't like that at alll.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC#1!
    12/1999: Dx with Endometriosis (age 12)
    5/2001: Ruptured appendix, massive scar tissue
    6/2005:Dx with Interstitial Cystitis
    9/2005: Gall bladder removed due to problems from cysts
    7/2006: Officially Dx with Fibromyalgia (age 18)
    2/2010: Partial left ovarian torsion

10/2012: SA = Low Motility
    11/2012: Surgery #5 to remove scar tissue & paratubal cyst
    HSG: Right tube blocked; unable to clear
  • Luca IS a boys name says this italian!
  • sorry, but agree with PP, Luca is a boy's name to me.

Eve is pretty.

agree with pp suggestion of Lucia Eve.

TTC #1 for over 5 years - too many to count IF treatments (tried everything and anything), repeat miscarriages. Finally, Sticky Success!! B/G Twins arrived 2011. VOTE on my Name List Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree with the others.  I prefer Luca as a boy name.  Eve is a gorgeous name for a girl!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • My cousin's little girl is Louka and they have always called her Lou.  Cute.
    O 10.08 & MJ 6.10
  • imagemommyofL&S:

@ mjreily - love opinions but being disrespectful is just classless, on any board.  Lose the *** factor 'sweetheart.' 

Newbies with thin skins cursing at the regulars are not welcome here. Adjust your attitude or get lost.

• imageManderlin923:
    First of all, I don't think Luca Eve flows well at all. Secondly, I really love Luca- for a boy. I just do not see it as a feminine name. Harsh sounding. What about Lucia?

Exactly this. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemommyofL&S:

@ mjreily - love opinions but being disrespectful is just classless, on any board.  Lose the *** factor 'sweetheart.' 

Wow, you're a peach. Bless your heart and watch the potty mouth when making personal attacks.

Oh yeah, and Luca is a boy's name that is terrible on a girl.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • PlunderB were you a frat-boy named Luca in a past life or perhaps a message-board gangster? Why all the angst?

As you have seen from other responses an opinion can be given in a civilized way. You know, without the melodrama of heads banging on desks.... Absolutely too funny. Really, just looking for simple outside opinions at a beautiful moment in my life. I hope this time is blessed with kindness and good will in yours as well.

• imagemommyofL&S:

PlunderB were you a frat-boy named Luca in a past life or perhaps a message-board gangster? Why all the angst?

As you have seen from other responses an opinion can be given in a civilized way. You know, without the melodrama of heads banging on desks.... Absolutely too funny. Really, just looking for simple outside opinions at a beautiful moment in my life. I hope this time is blessed with kindness and good will in yours as well.

You're the only one cursing.

• The word that was blocked was one used both on da-time tv and fine, classic literature. Not to worry

The president of the US was elected to office with a name like Barack Obama, I'm not worried about my baby's reception in life with a name like Luca Eve, I guess I realize now how silly I was to begin thinking like this. It is exceptionally beautiful, cute and sassy and sweet all at once. Thanks so much for working me through this all!

• Luca is for a boy, use Lucia or Lucy
  • imagemommyofL&S:

The word that was blocked was one used both on da-time tv and fine, classic literature. Not to worry

Just a note since you are new here: everyone can see blocked words by just clicking the quote button. So no need to explain.

Fine, classic literature or no, cursing at posters is not welcome on this board, and if you want to stick around, you need to take it down a notch or you will be reported to the mods.

• OP I like some boys names on girls. This one not so much. Not because it is a boys name, but because I think it sounds harsh and does not flow well with Eve. 
    “On the Road that I have taken, one day walking I awaken, amazed to see where I've come, where I'm going, where I'm from.” ― Dean Koontz, The Book Of Counted Sorrows

Baby Ansan 1-21-13
    Stephanie 5-23-97
    3rd baby due 5-5-14
  • Thoughts? Eve is a nice girl's name, and Luca is a boys name. I went to school with a lot of Croatians and Italians, sorry if I find Luca completely masculine and not at all feminine. Think Luca on ER masculine.

• Im sorry, this is a very strange preoccupation you seem to have. I appreciate knowing our chosen baby name is not in compliance with your lexicon of what are suitable baby names by gender. I very simply requested a cross-section yay or nay draw of opinions. My curiosity has been satisfied. You've been heard, thanks again, you can move along to your next post now. 

• Luca is a name that belongs on a boy.

I do love your choice of MN tho! :)

Suggestions...

Lila Eve

Lydia Eve

Mr. & Mrs. - Est. 10.03.2009

TTC #1 since 06.2011 Me-24 DH-24

12.2011 SA = Normal

06.2012 First visit with OB/GYN

10.2012 Clomid 50mg + TI = BFN

11.2012 Clomid 50mg + TI = BFN

12.2012 Clomid 100mg + TI = BFN

01.2013 First visit with RE

02.2013 Clomid 150mg + TI = BFN

03.2013 Femara 5mg + TI = BFN

05.2013 Femara 5mg + TI = BFN

06.2013 Femara 7.5mg + TI = BFN

*Taking a break*  

• Sorry that was to plunderb -

Thanks for your suggestions to those who don't think it flows well.

• imagemommyofL&S:

Im sorry, this is a very strange preoccupation you seem to have. I appreciate knowing our chosen baby name is not in compliance with your lexicon of what are suitable baby names by gender. I very simply requested a cross-section yay or nay draw of opinions. My curiosity has been satisfied. You've been heard, thanks again, you can move along to your next post now. 

Um...yeah.

(Anyone else see a likely DD in future?)

Loss #1 2008, Loss #2 2010, Loss #3 2011, Loss #4 2012, Loss #5 2012
    Loss #6 2014 Loss #7 (chemical) 2014

~DS Born! 2009~
    ~DD Born! 2013~
    ~DD due! 2015~

• Clearly you are classier than us and as always bringing the president into it always makes it right. 
  • Hate Luca for a girl and don't mind unisex names personally.  DD is Arden and I got a less than warm reception from family and friend with the name but we loved it so we used it!
  • imageManderlin923:
    imagemommyofL&S:

Im sorry, this is a very strange preoccupation you seem to have. I appreciate knowing our chosen baby name is not in compliance with your lexicon of what are suitable baby names by gender. I very simply requested a cross-section yay or nay draw of opinions. My curiosity has been satisfied. You've been heard, thanks again, you can move along to your next post now. 

Um...yeah.

I do. OP doesn't get the concept of a public message board. I smell a dd. we've already had butthurt, name calling, now telling people how to answer. The only thing left before a dd is thinking we're all here for support, and glittery rainbows and stuff.
  • imagemommyofL&S:

The word that was blocked was one used both on da-time tv and fine, classic literature. Not to worry

The president of the US was elected to office with a name like Barack Obama, I'm not worried about my baby's reception in life with a name like Luca Eve, I guess I realize now how silly I was to begin thinking like this. It is exceptionally beautiful, cute and sassy and sweet all at once. Thanks so much for working me through this all!

Barack is an ethnic-sounding male name on a man. Luca is a male name on a female. Not the same thing.

• imagegimmietimmies:
    imageManderlin923:
    imagemommyofL&S:

Um...yeah.

I do. OP doesn't get the concept of a public message board. I smell a dd. we've already had butthurt, name calling, now telling people how to answer. The only thing left before a dd is thinking we're all here for support, and glittery rainbows and stuff.

Before the dd I'm sure she'll also say we're all terrible mothers and shouldn't we teach our children to be nice, and she feels sorry for our husbands.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • imagemommyofL&S:

I very simply requested a cross-section yay or nay draw of opinions. 

Wrong. You very simply asked for "thoughts." Next time, when you want people to just tell you what you want to hear say something like "I like the name Luca Eve for a baby girl, please tell me that you like it and nothing else."

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC#1!
    12/1999: Dx with Endometriosis (age 12)
    5/2001: Ruptured appendix, massive scar tissue
    6/2005:Dx with Interstitial Cystitis
    9/2005: Gall bladder removed due to problems from cysts
    7/2006: Officially Dx with Fibromyalgia (age 18)
    2/2010: Partial left ovarian torsion

10/2012: SA = Low Motility
    11/2012: Surgery #5 to remove scar tissue & paratubal cyst
    HSG: Right tube blocked; unable to clear
  • Eve is nice but I don't care for Luca on a girl. It appears that you were set on this name before you asked for opinions. If you like it and plan to use it then why ask for opinions?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"