2nd Trimester

Baby Girl 'Luca Eve'

Re: Baby Girl 'Luca Eve'

• I'm a photographer and recently did a shoot where the little girl was named Luca. Before I met her I didn't like that name for a girl but it suited her well. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I love, love, love the name Luca.  That was our definite girls name...until we found out last week that we are having a boy.  :) 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you! I've had some strong negative reactions on here like I'm trying to rob all of Italian culture! Normally very strongly opinionated but the negativity has effected me somewhat. Appreciate the support!!!!!
  • Isn't Luca a boys name?
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • Thank you! May I ask what about the name suited her? 
  • imageRussianMommy:
    Isn't Luca a boys name?

My initial thought was this as well.
  • Thank you Alayna! May I ask your choices? 

I feel like there is a group of people who have named their son Luca or similar and see it moving into the feminine side in this country and many others and that they are scared of their sons having future girlie names.

My son's name is Sawyer. Would it matter if there was a girl named Sawyer next to him? I don't think so but these really aggressive responses I've seen have begun to stab at my courage.... Argh :)

• Is it pronounced Luke-a?
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Yes phonetically : Lu-kah
  • These are beautiful names. There are enough Sophie & Olivia's - beautiful but quota met I think:). Kael is especially unique. Exciting to see which it will be! :) 

• Eh, Leslie was traditionally a boys name before someone decided to give it to their girl and now look, it's totally a girls name ;-)

I have never heard the name Luca so I guess I'm unbiased.  I like it.  Not my style but it is not my kiddo either.  If I had had to guess I would have thought it was a girls name because it ends in an -a.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• imageBliss+Berry:

imageRussianMommy:
    Isn't Luca a boys name?

It is a boy's name.  Love for a boy, hate for a girl.   

I feel the same way. 

imageimageimage
  • imagemommyofL&S:

Thank you Alayna! May I ask your choices? 

I feel like there is a group of people who have named their son Luca or similar and see it moving into the feminine side in this country and many others and that they are scared of their sons having future girlie names.

My son's name is Sawyer. Would it matter if there was a girl named Sawyer next to him? I don't think so but these really aggressive responses I've seen have begun to stab at my courage.... Argh :)

well, then how do you think the name is going to be received in real life? sorry, but Luca for a girl is .. not good. 

TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • @Russianmommy: sorry, I meant on baby bump lol. The president of the US was elected to office with the name Barack Obama, I'm The president of the US was elected to office with a name like Barack Obama, I'm not worried about my baby's reception in life with a name like Luca Eve, I guess I realize now how silly I was to begin thinking like this. It is exceptionally beautiful, cute and sassy and sweet all at once. Thanks so much for working me through this all!
  • I wouldn't call my son Sue, so I don't see why a masculine name should be given to a girl. Let's face it, that poor little girl is going to get some weird looks at best. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemommyofL&S:
    @Russianmommy: sorry, I meant on baby bump lol. The president of the US was elected to office with the name Barack Obama, I'm The president of the US was elected to office with a name like Barack Obama, I'm not worried about my baby's reception in life with a name like Luca Eve, I guess I realize now how silly I was to begin thinking like this. It is exceptionally beautiful, cute and sassy and sweet all at once. Thanks so much for working me through this all!

...what the heck did I just read?

• imageRussianMommy:

...what the heck did I just read? 

I know. I banged my head so hard on the keyboard it kinda hurts now. At least that kept me from replying in a very harsh, mean way. 

• LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Sorry typing on an iPad mini and multitasking at that. 

Jessica, you are fully entitled to reply as harshly as you wish. We are clearly cut from different cloths and will have differing tastes in the naming and surely the rearing of our children. No problem - difference keeps life interesting.

Again this was silly of me. Thank you for your candor, I realize I knew the right answer before posting. Again thanks all for working me through this.

• Just thought I'd put it out there that I have officially blocked RussianMommy....she is the rudest poster on this entire website, and I'm tired of her downing people and their questions, comments, opinions, or pictures. She is the most negative person on this site, and I can't stand reading her posts. She ruins this entire site for me!!!
  • Did I somehow slip into a teen mom message board?

Thanks again! May your pregnancies continue to be blessed with good spirits and kindness! 

• Thanks Jessika- I had a couple exceptionally rude people like this--- I've realized there is such a thing as a message board thug.... ;) Who knew? lol

Anyway very sad considering this is such a beautiful time.  Enjoy this time- it is all a blessing!

• imageArizonaJessika:
    Just thought I'd put it out there that I have officially blocked RussianMommy....she is the rudest poster on this entire website, and I'm tired of her downing people and their questions, comments, opinions, or pictures. She is the most negative person on this site, and I can't stand reading her posts. She ruins this entire site for me!!!

LOL WHAT!? It's the INTERNET.. wow. 

• imageRussianMommy:
    Isn't Luca a boys name?

Perhaps, but the only time I've ever heard the name is from Chrono Trigger (best game ever) and Lucca is a girl. 

Knibb High football rules! 

• Luca in Spanish is Luke for a boy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Collin 7.26.09   Sarah 6.18.11   Sammy 5.30.13
  • If you love the name then go for it, my name is traditionally a boys name and I turned out just fine. I think it actually has some MAJOR advantages.
  • Awe thank you ladies! Very excited and LOVE this name. If I am ignorant it is most definitely bliss! Have a great day!
  • Luca is a boy name. I don't like it on a girl.
    Married July 3, 2009 | Furbaby Trevor July 15, 2009 | Furbaby Darcy May 15, 2010 | BFP August 14, 2012 | DD April 18, 2013
  • I only like it for a boy. Not at all for a girl...sorry. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• No worries thanks for the ongoing feedback!
  • imageJoy2611:
    I can't believe this.nbsp; Luca is boy's name.nbsp; It is not girly.nbsp; The absolute obsession in American culture of slapping boy's names on girls is annoying at best, disgusting at worst.nbsp; It does not have MAJOR advantages, Sydney.nbsp; Are you referring to the way that a girl might slip past job interviewers looking for a man?nbsp; Or that teaching a girl to have masculine characteristics is far better than having feminine ones?nbsp; I find that woefully misguided.
    It seems strange to be so incredibly bent out of shape over people naming their children names traditionally of the opposite gender. Who cares? I understand not liking it, but your post made it sound like you get high blood pressure just thinking about the possibility of any little girl being named something traditionally masculine. Calm down, lol.

OP, I kind of like Luca for a girl, I sort of feel like it's one of those boy names that just sounds sort of feminine maybe just me, though. I actually came across a little girl named Lucas recently. That was NMS I wouldn't go so far as "disgusting.., but there you have it. However I don't think the middle name eve flows well with luca.

If you do this, just keep in mind that you will probably catch lots 'o sh!t IRL, just like here. So be ready for it.

• imageRussianMommy:
    Isn't Luca a boys name?

It is a boy's name to me. I just cannot see a feminine side of Luca at all.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Thanks Kelsey! No one I know, thinks, acts or speaks like some of these ladies and with all the things to put that level of concern on....well it says more about the commenting party. Not worried about them but I'm great with differing tastes and still- we love it! Might make Eve a little more flowery but we have a little less than a few months left so there's time to ponder.

This really made me realize how much I love that name- no doubt a cute little girl with blonde ringlets and a stunning woman, both strong and feminine who if the name's not gone completely  the way of Ashley & Leslie by then, may just keep her a very good surprise! :)

• I like Luca on a girl or a boy, good name

If you want to feminize it, I also love Lucia (pronounced Lou-see-uh or Lou chee-uh, I've heard both) or Luciana (following same pronunciation)

I'm not sold on Eve as a middle, I like the name Eve in the first name spot only, but it's not terrible. I like Luca Evangeline better.

There are people who get super twisted about making sure boys only get boys names and girls only get girls name. Totally ridiculous, don't let it bother you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"