June 2012 Moms
Options

Dry Skin and Prunes Questions

They are not related.

DD has been drooling a lot and has major dry skin around her mouth and chin. She's starting to rub her face a lot now too cause I its bothering her. Do you use any lotion etc on LOs face? I am not sure what can go on and soothe her poor dry cheeks.

Second and a bit TMI...

We started solids about 2 weeks ago and as of this morning LO hadn't pooped in over 24 hours and was straining and trying to go and nothing was happening. Constipated! I gave her a tbsp of prunes this morning and all she pooped was a tiny raisin sized poop (I am so sorry about the poop details!) So at dinner she had a little bit more and suddenly had a major blowout! But now I am a bit concerned I over did it on the prunes. Total she had less then half a small jar. Did I give too much?!

Thanks! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Dry Skin and Prunes Questions

• Options
    imagealizabethanne:

They are not related.

DD has been drooling a lot and has major dry skin around her mouth and chin. She's starting to rub her face a lot now too cause I its bothering her. Do you use any lotion etc on LOs face? I am not sure what can go on and soothe her poor dry cheeks.

I am using a little bit of Babyganics lotion (for eczema). She had a dry red patch from drooling.

Second and a bit TMI...

We started solids about 2 weeks ago and as of this morning LO hadn't pooped in over 24 hours and was straining and trying to go and nothing was happening. Constipated! I gave her a tbsp of prunes this morning and all she pooped was a tiny raisin sized poop (I am so sorry about the poop details!) So at dinner she had a little bit more and suddenly had a major blowout! But now I am a bit concerned I over did it on the prunes. Total she had less then half a small jar. Did I give too much?!

You should be fine. LO was constipated for 3 days - darn rice cereal. When she finally "unclogged", a lot came out. Hold off on prunes and see if the consistency returns to normal.

Thanks! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    We also use Babyganics Eczema cream...LOVE IT! And no, the prune situation is totally normal. My LO LOVES them and poops a ton after she eats them, too!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"