3rd Trimester
Options

Water break question STM+

A friend of mine said that when her water broke she felt like she had to pee and when she stood up it broke. Is that normal? Or how did you feel right before your water broke? TIA
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Water break question STM+

• Options
    They broke my water in the hospital and once it was broken, I couldn't tell if it was water leaking out or if I was peeing.  Indifferent
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageKingston54:
    They broke my water in the hospital and once it was broken, I couldn't tell if it was water leaking out or if I was peeing.  Indifferent

This...exactly.

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My water broke during a NST.  I don't remember what it felt like right before.  But, I felt like I was peeing myself.  I'd try to stop it but as soon as I made the smalled move it continued to leak.  It was mostly while I was sitting down. I continued to leak all the way to the hospital.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My DR broke my water last time since I was induced so I'm somewhat curious myself.  Leaking was probably my least favorite part of labor.  I HATED it.  It would be nothing then just a gush.  I wouldn't really compare it to peeing though.  I just know I'm not looking forward to leakage again :l
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    they broke my water at the hospital but i could feel the pop and gush. I had a catheter so i don't really know if i felt the need to pee or not.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo theboysanddany_zps4c74191e.jpg
  • Options
    My water breaking situation was really weird, it "broke" three times! The first time was when active labor started, it was a gush but I was distracted by the labor itself so I don't remember sounds or pretty much anything else about it. The second time I projectile vomited (while still in labor) and another gush came. Then once I finally got to the hospital (at a 7) they checked me and said there was still some water and within an hour it had broken for the third time on it's own. Their thought was that the baby's head would cover it as it was breaking which caused it to temporarily stop. Super weird. 
  • Options
    I didn't feel anything before it broke. I stood up from a seated position and all the sudden my undies were wet and I didn't even feel like I had needed to pee. I was pretty sure what had just happened so I clenched real tight in a kegel and did a slight cough and more came out. I new then it was the water breaking and it was time to head to the hospital. With my other one I have no idea when it broke, I didn't feel it, but obviously it did at some point.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I felt nothing before it happened.  I was squatting down putting presents under our Christmas tree and when I stood up there was the big gush and soaked my clothes.

My Blog: Sewing, crafting, motherhood, computers, and random musings... Sleep is for the weak

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

imageBabyShipp:
    My DR broke my water last time since I was induced so I'm somewhat curious myself.  Leaking was probably my least favorite part of labor.  I HATED it.  It would be nothing then just a gush.  I wouldn't really compare it to peeing though.  I just know I'm not looking forward to leakage again :l

ditto...my doctor broke mine and it was the grossest feeling. I wore a pad and felt like I was leaking for hours.

My little man at 0-1-2

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• Options
    That's how it felt to me. I had a sudden urge to sprint for the restroom, then whooooosh! It was a big rush followed by surges of fluid for hours. SO GROSS.
  • Options
    Mine broke when I was sleeping, so I don't remember it feeling like anything. I just woke up all wet. Thank goodness for the waterproof mattress pad.
  • Options
    I was just lying on the couch, felt a pop, then a gush.  There was no other indication for feeling.

• Options

My water broke on it's own. First I had a few minutes of contractions, the contractions made me feel like i had to use the restroom, so I went into the court house restroom. I would sit durring a contraction, thinking i had to go, and then when it would stop I would get up. And then have to sit back down before I was able to wash my hands. LOL. As I sat on the potty, texting my mother that I was having contractions frequently all of a sudden, I realized that my water broke into the toitet! I knew I was not peeing because wrong area, and no pressure there. I then text my mom and said my water broke. Looked in the potty and yup, clear fluid with a minor hint of red.

But beware, a low percentage of woman's water actually breaks on it's own before Labor sets in. Your water breaking does not mean the baby will deffinitly be there within moments. My advice, after reading and talking to OB's is that if your water does break, call your OB and inform them, they will most likely tell you to wait until your contractions hit a certain spacing.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. Nice to know if it happens it happens sometimes with no warning.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I was walking as my water broke. I didn't feel anything other than a VERY wet sensation that was warm. I didn't even realize what it was at first, thinking OMG I didn't even know I have to go to the washroom. Then I giggled knowing what was going on.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I was lying in bed and all the sudden got this odd feeling and jumped out of bed as fast as an almost 35 week pg woman can and started walking to the bathroom.  I stopped mid-stride and said to myself "I did not just pee my pants.  Did I?" 

I was told that as soon as your water breaks to head to the hospital/dr office.  1 to confirm that the water did break. 2. to reduce exposure to potential infections. 3. so labor can be induced if it does not start on its own.

My water started leaking with my first-- but it took almost 12 hours for me to realize it was leaking since it was such a slow leak.  It broke with my 2nd.  Both times the dr had to induce labor since I didn't go into labor on my own.  2nd time actually caused all contractions to stop. (I had frequent contractions from 28 weeks until my water broke)

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • Options
    imageIncogNeato:
    That's how it felt to me. I had a sudden urge to sprint for the restroom, then whooooosh! It was a big rush followed by surges of fluid for hours. SO GROSS.

This is what happened to me.. I thought I had to pee and on my way to the restroom I felt a gush that I couldn't stop to save my life. Thank goodness my pants were black and my jacket was long bc I soaked thru a big momma pad and still had to drive home and get SO before heading to the hospital
  • Options

I was half asleep, half awake when my water broke. I was in that twilight state where you get the sensation that you have to pee, but you're still kind of dreamy, KWIM? I felt a gush and I thought that I didn't get up in time. Which, at that time, was pretty likely. I didn't think for a second that it was my water until I sighed, got up, went to the bathroom and I was walking down the hall, another, smaller gush came. It wasn't something that I could control with all the kegels in the world.

Still not convinced, I went back to smell the bed, and it didn't smell like pee. That wasn't too surprising either, because I was drinking so much water that by the end of the day, my pee was diluted anyway. As it continued to leak, I knew it was my water. Sure enough, it was.

So I'd agree with the have-to-pee sensation, at least in my situation. 

• Options

I was asleep in bed (obviously laying down) at 6am.  I woke up because I thought that I may have wet myself.  I got up to go to the bathroom, and my underwear was slightly wet. 

I decided to just shower and get ready for the day and see if anything else happened.  The next hour, no more wetness...so I was convinced that I had an accident, especially since I was asleep.

I was also having some cramping, but attributed that typical BH.  I called my doctor, and she wanted me to come into L&D to get checked out just in case. 

During the 1 hour drive to the hospital, my contractions were getting much stronger and timeable.  As DH and I were walking from the car to the hospital entrance, I felt a little more wetness, and I knew for a fact that this time I did not pee myself.

As the doctor was checking how dilated I was, I felt a big gush.  No denying what was happening that time!  Doctor said because I was standing/sitting, baby's head was blocking the water from coming out. 

So happy that I didn't ruin my bed!  ;)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    With Ds, my water broke at home without any contractions or warning. I felt a little, wet pop and ran to the bathroom and my water broke in there. It didn't feel like I had to pee. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"