Toddlers: 24 Months+

aquadoodle or magnadoodle?

Does your child prefer the aqua doodle or the magna doodle and why?  I got both on good sales on boxing day but i'm thinking of taking one back as they are so similar.Thanks.
Twins:BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: aquadoodle or magnadoodle?

• We have the travel aqua doodle,  which due to spills in restaurants, the board is pretty much shot. 

We have the big aqua doodle and the Fisher Price dooodler (like a magna doodle) She ABSOLUTELY loves the aqua doodle---haven't tried the magna doodle.

Maybe buying one in a travel version--like the magna doodle and the big version of the aqua doodle?? 

My daughter is my hero.
  • We have both and love both. But if we had to chose, Magnadoodle.

• Loading the player...
  • We have both. I'd say DD favors the magna doodle more, but the magna doodle is always out, I put the aquadoodle away and pull it out when we need something different to do.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • He's in love with his big aqua doodle and then we have a travel size magnadoodle that he loves as well.  I'd recommend travel size in one and full size in another to keep them new and interesting.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We got our 2yr old the fisher price magnadoodle for Christmas and he is obsessed with it! Best 9 we ever spent!

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• My ds loves both, I'd keep them :)
  • My son loves taking the Aquadoodle pen & emptying the water out onto anything that's caught his attn.  So that's a real pain.  Never heard of the MD, going to check it out, tx.
  • Thanks for all the responses.  I think we will keep both.  The aqua doodle is the travel size version and the magna doodle comes with both a big and little one.  We are driving to Disney in September so I will bring both the aqua and the magna doodle for the car ride as well.
    Twins:BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My kids have the regular and travel versions of both and love them all. The travel size are awesome on car rides.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • we have the large magna & aqua and also the travel of both (though our travel magna are not the real ones I dont think, maybe smaller?). My first instinct was that they love the big aquadoodle the best, though we use it w/ paintbrushes not with the pen thing... but, they use the magnadoodles too & I think those might hold up to older ages but aqua might not last much past 3 1/2-4.

If keeping both is an option, do that for sure.

As for the travel ones, I actually don't like the travel aquas that much in the car b/c they constantly drop the pens or lose them somewhere in the car & then there are fits (esp if one drops & the other doesnt but that is a different situation). but they're still not bad & a pretty cheap easy entertainment for out & about (great at a restaurant for sure).

• We have the aquadoodle and DD loves it! I've been wanting the magnadoodle too though
  • We have the B Toys version of both.  He is really liking the aquadoodle right now because it is new and was a Christmas gift, but I think the magnadoodle will always be a hit for him.  He still loves it even though the aquadoodle is around!
    Little Man 1.8.11
    Freshie Girl 9.29.12
  • We have the travel magnadoodle and it is so nice in the car for longer rides and for waiting. We even use it at times to work on letter and shape recognition.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"