April 2013 Moms

being sick.

What did you take? What can we take? when do you call the OB? 

I have a bad cold. Coughing, chest hurts when I cough, runny nose. achy all over. No fever but freezing.

just feel really louzy.   I only took tynelol.  its really not fun being pregnant and having a 2 year old.

thanks

Suzanne & Pasquale 9/9/07
Our Journey in Blog.
My Blog
Our Sweet boy Luca Salvatore 10/6/10 & Our precious daughter, Arianna Regina 4/9/13

Re: being sick.

• I have been taking Tylenol, which was approved by my OB.  I called him when I had a 101 fever that wouldn't let up when I took the Tylenol.   He told me I could take Robitusson as well.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I took Tylenol and Benadryl at night... Really didn't help. I've heard Sudafed is okay too.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary

BFP #1: 5/10/12; 5/22/12: pregnancy deemed not viable (probably CP)
    BFP #2: 8/2/12; Due date: 4/14/13, DD born 4/5/2013
    BFP #3: 11/2/14, Due date: 7/7/15
  • Loading the player...
  • This is word-for-word from the packet my OB gave me for OTC meds allowed during pregnancy (after 12 weeks)-

For Cold, Allergies and Cough: Benadryl or generic equivalent Diphenhydramine, Robitussin or generic equivalent Guaifenesin, Tylenol, Tylenol Cold, Tylenol Sinus, Tylenol PM, or generic equivalent containing Acetaminophen, Saline nose drops or cool mist humidifier, Regular Sudafed

HTH!

BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP 08/11/2012, DD#1 born 04/18/2013
    BFP 01/01/2015, EDD 09/07/2015, CP
    BFP 10/09/2015, EDD 06/01/2016, MC @ 7 weeks
    BFP 03/12/2016, DD#2 born 11/15/2016
    BFP 01/28/2019, EDD 09/29/2019
  • Every OB can have different opinions so a quick call to the on call cant hurt just to ask what to take.

Mine said Tylenol not PM, he doesn't want me taking any Benadryl
    Sudafed
    robitussin but for no more than 3 days without calling him
    Nasal spray but for no more than a week

Vicks drops in a vaporizer helped and REAL ginger tea. Peel ginger root and boil it, drink with a little honey.

• I second the advice to call your doc because they all seem to have different opinions, which can sometimes depend on the particulars of your health and your pregnancy.

But I just got over two weeks of the plague, and here is what I was allowed to take:

Sudafed
    mucinex
    Mucinex DM
    Robitusson
    Tylenol (just plain, or cold and sinus)

I used a neti pot religiously, vick's vapor-rub at night, and breathe-right nose strips to help me breathe at night.  and I slept with a humidifier.

Good luck.  It was miserable.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I hope you feel better soon!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • As above, and TONS of fluids, and plenty of rest! This virus sucks, I had it hard for a week, then it slowly tapered off for the second week. Torture. Hope it resolves quickly, feel better!
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
               Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
            Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!
  • I have a  bad cold right now and it sucks.

My Dr says Ibuprofen (Advil) is ok during the 2nd trimester, so I take that. I do the Sinus Rinse twice a day. That helps a bit with the congestion.

I'm not against taking an actual decongestant if I get REALLY miserable, but it hasn't come to that yet. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm in the same boat, but with a 19 month old.  Haven't left the house since last Wednesday I'm so miserable!

My OB's office approves of Tylenol, Robitussin/Robitussin DM, regular Sudafed, Benadryl.  

Tylenol and Sudafed are the only things working for me. 

Good luck, hope you feel better soon!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"