March 2013 Moms
Options

Cramps

I have been having a cramping like feeling in my lower abdomen all day and I'm 29 weeks pregnant are these Braxton hicks?

Re: Cramps

• Options
    Braxton Hicks makes your uterus/stomach super hard. I've had them for the past month and I'm 29 weeks. But I've also been having period like cramps that are separate from the Braxton hicks contractions. I read somewhere that period like cramps could be a warning sign for preterm labor so I brought it up to my OB and she wasn't concerned. She just wanted me to watch for more than 4 contractions in an hour. Also, the Braxton hicks contractions shouldn't hurt they should just be uncomfortable and they should be infrequent.
    BabyFetus Ticker
        photo 187e7fd5-6db3-47f3-8720-d3540e6c1f35.jpg           photo 17a38d63-9573-4513-9cd7-1650c297a8ca.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Anniversary 
  • Options
    I felt period like cramps yesterday and I'm 29 weeks as well.  Strange...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've been having period like cramps on and off the last week and a half or so. I had an appointment on Thursday and asked my MW about it because I was also confused if it was BH pain. She explained that it was actually round ligament pain and baby was probably going through a growth spurt so my uterus was really stretching. Sure enough I'm now measuring two weeks ahead. She said the pain was nothing to be alarmed about unless there was any bleeding.

hope this helps ease your mind! I would mention it at your next appointment.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageSamanthaKate85:
    I've been having period like cramps on and off the last week and a half or so. I had an appointment on Thursday and asked my MW about it because I was also confused if it was BH pain. She explained that it was actually round ligament pain and baby was probably going through a growth spurt so my uterus was really stretching. Sure enough I'm now measuring two weeks ahead. She said the pain was nothing to be alarmed about unless there was any bleeding. hope this helps ease your mind! I would mention it at your next appointment.

Thanks for updating.  I have had cramps on and off and was beginning to worry.  They just feel like normal period cramps and then go away.  Maybe little man is growing?

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"