November 2012 Moms
Options

Swaddling?

Do you swaddle your LO? How do they handle it? When we first brought K home, that's the only way she would sleep. Starting last week, if I swaddled her, she would fight it tooth and nail. Not always crying, but laying there grunting and wiggling. So I have stopped swaddling her. But now that I have started a night time routine of putting her to bed before me, I watch her on the baby monitor and it seems like her movements almost wake her up. Granted, she will sleep up to 2-3 hours at a time, so I guess she doesn't wake herself up that much.
TTC #1 BFP 6/1/2011 blighted ovum d&c 7/15/11
TTC #2 BFP 12/6/11 chemical pregnancy natural mc 12/18/11
TTC #3 BFP 3/19/12. 4/9: HR of 134! **Bake Turkey, Bake!**
**All ALs Welcome**

Re: Swaddling?

• Options
    We swaddle for naps and nighttime. L is not a big fan, but it calms him down and keeps him from startling himself. He started sleeping longer stretches once we started swaddling. Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #1 since 3/11

BFP #1 5/4/11 EDD 1/12/12 natural m/c 5/17/11

BFP #2 8/9/11 EDD 4/18/12 ectopic pregnancy (methotrexate) 8/24/11 ruptured tube and removal 8/29/11

BFP #3 3/9/12 EDD 11/19/12 Logan born 11/18/12

BFP #4 10/21/14 EDD 6/30/15

~*~*Everyone Welcome*~*~
  • Options
    M also fights his swaddle if I just leave him lying down. I follow the Happiest Baby on the Block advice. Youtube it if you havent seen it before. It's really good advice! If he fusses after I swaddle I hold him on his side and gently bounce him or rock him. He usually calms right down and goes to sleep shortly after.
    Photobucket
    "For this child I prayed; and the LORD has given me my petition which I asked of him:"
    -1 Samuel 1:27 Lilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We love it. Jackson likes it to and doesn't really fight it. It's great at night because his hands tend to freak out and he startles himself.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    J hated being swaddled at first. We purchased one of those swaddle me blankets with the velcro and he hated it. But we got one in a bigger size and we just started trying it again the other night and he slept for 6 hours straight for the first time. It has definitely helped because he was wailing his arms around and it would wake himself up. Think goodness I gave it another shot so I can finally get some sleep.

Ourfasttrackfamily.blogspot.com

• Options
    We swaddle often.  At night, for naps, and when he's all worked up and flustered.  It seems to calm and relax him.
  • Options
    We tend to swaddle B in a lightweight muslin blanket for naps and a swaddle me blanket ( with Velcro) at night. Either way, my little Houdini manages to get his arms free, but I think he actually wears himself out in the process. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    We swaddle using Halo Sleepsacks and SwaddleMes, but only at night.  It's one of the ways I'm trying to help him distinguish night/day. :)
    Me: 32 DH: 32
    Married: 05/31/2008
    DS: 11/06/2012 at 38w 1d
    M/C: 06/11/2015
    DD: 06/14/2016 at 37w 3d
  • Options
    I did not swaddle at all. My ds hated it so I guess that's why I didn't bother. My dd sleeps ok so thats probably why I didn't try it either. But I'm curious, how long do you swaddle for? My dd will be 6weeks and incase we run into a problem with sleeping I wonder if it would help.
  • Options

imagejLeigh0709:
    M also fights his swaddle if I just leave him lying down. I follow the Happiest Baby on the Block advice. Youtube it if you havent seen it before. It's really good advice! If he fusses after I swaddle I hold him on his side and gently bounce him or rock him. He usually calms right down and goes to sleep shortly after.

This. V fights the swaddle, but it calms her and she sleeps for 4-7 hour stretches at night.

imageimage imageimage
    Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We only swaddle DS at night when we put him in the crib.  He definitely fights it, but I beleive it does help him sleep better.  He is almost 6 weeks, and sleeps for 4-5 hour stretches.

imageimageimage

Anniversary
  • Options
    We have begun to swaddle again because his hands would wake him up when i'd lay him down. Unless he has really bad gas he handles swaddling really well. Some days he just lays there and fights his arms free but then he wears himself out enough that as soon as they are free he is out. He has to be swaddled REALLY tight though or it won't work at all. Since we've started swaddling him again he will sleep 5-6 hours at a time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Started Dating 03/04/2007 ~ Got Engaged 04/23/2010 ~ Said "I Do" 03/19/2011

Started TTC #1 11/2011 ~ BFP #1 03/28/2012-EDD 12/02/2012 ~

Greyson was Born by Unplanned C-Section on 11/20/2012 @ 8lbs 9oz 21 inhces

Started TTC #2 07/2013 ~ BFP #2 10/11/2013-EDD based on growth is June 26th

Liam born by Repeat C-Section on June 20, 2014 @ 8lbs 2oz 20.75 inches

• Options
    We swaddle with the miracle blanket and dd sleeps 5-6 hour stretches. She def seemed to fight it for a while, but now she visably calms & usually yawns as soon as we swaddle her. She wiggled herself our of the swaddlemes, but we love the miracle blanket! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We swaddle for naps and nighttime.  DD seems content with this.
    IMG_0933 Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"