Military Families

If you've filed an accident claim through USAA...

Sorry I'm  barging in just to ask a question when you all don't know me. I don't usually post here because my DH is medically retired, so I don't have much to contribute anymore.

Dh wrecked our van last week. We had full coverage.

If you've filed a car accident claim through USAA, did you have a good experience? Did they treat you fairly? If your vehicle was totaled, did they give you fair Kelly Blue Book for it?

We are currently waiting to hear back from the claims adjuster. Van is in the shop. We think it's totaled but they haven't said so yet.

Thanks in advance! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers natural miscarriages- 12/18/07 & 2/18/13 (AKA:KRISTA555)

Re: If you've filed an accident claim through USAA...

• I had a hit and run on the highway. I took the next exit, called the police and waited. The police didn't take a report. My car wasn't totaled, so I don't know how much they'll pay, but for me...

USAA was ahmazing!! They handled it perfectly. Decided they could use my "uninsured motorist" policy so I wouldn't have to pay a deductible, let me choose the mechanic, etc. I didn't know a mechanic since we just moved here, so they gave me the name of a mechanic they worked with. 10 minutes later the mechanic called me and told me to drop off the car and had enterprise waiting for me to pick me up and get me a rental car.

Mechanic gave a quote to USAA who sent me the estimate. The car was fixed in half the expected time, and they buffed out a scratch I did previously since they thought if might have been involved. USAA paid them directly, so I didn't have to do a thing except return my rental, and pick up my car.

I have never had an easier experience.
  • USAA is fantastic. They sent an adjustor out to look at our car, he printed me a quote right then and there and we had the check a few days later. I can't rave about their customer service enough.

CJ 05/29/2013

• Loading the player...
  • USAA was amazing last year when DH totaled his car. Someone in the opposite lane crossed the median coming towards him and he swerved to miss him and took out a fire hydrant and went into a tree. He was fine just a little shaken up but the car was a complete loss. Everything was pretty much completed the next day and we ended up getting way more than expected, more than KBB.
    TTC our first Navy baby! Me:27 DH:30, together since 8/2003, Married on 7/2006
    9/26/10 stopped BCP and started TTC.
    9/2011 referred to RE. All blood work normal and DH's SA=normal results
    11/2011 HSG=both tubes clear
    One natural (monitored) cycle of Clomid, 50mg 2/2012= BFN
    Getting ready for first IUI, 3/2012 received orders to Japan! (postponed IUI)
    5/2012 Moved to Japan, fought Tricare for months over referral (no fertility treatment on our military base) for Japanese RE out in town!
    8/2012 Started seeing new RE
    9/2012, post coital test= hostile cervical fluid, (finally) moving on with first IUI!
    9/29/2012 IUI #1+trigger= BFN
    10/27/2012 IUI #2+100mg Clomid CD5-9+trigger= BFN
    11/28/2012 IUI #3+100mg Clomid CD5-9+trigger= BFN
    12/28/2012 IUI#4+100mg Clomid CD5-9+trigger=BFN
    2/1/2013 IUI#5+injectables+trigger=BFN
    3/2013 IUI#6+injectables+trigger=???
  • USAA is amazing! I rearended H shortly after he got home from deployment a few years ago and totalled my car but not his. They took care of the repairs and paying off our totalled car quickly.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thank you guys! That's encouraging.

The accident was over a week ago and we've been very frustrated so far, but not at USAA.

The van was towed from our driveway by the tow company referred to us by USAA. We waited. And waited. Four days later, we called the mechanic and the van had never been dropped off! it was MIA. turns out, the tow company towed it to their own lot. Idiots. The dealership was open the day it was towed, and we specifically told the guy where it was supposed to go to. I think he was trying to get more money out of USAA.  

Anyway, here we are over a week later and no one has any answers for us. The adjuster hasn't looked at the van yet.

I know the delay is due to the fact that it happened during as massive snowstorm a few days before Christmas, but it's still frustrating.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers natural miscarriages- 12/18/07 & 2/18/13 (AKA:KRISTA555)
  • They were fantastic when I was rear ended....other driver was from out of town for work and in a rental.  Last I heard, USAA was still trying to get the correct insurance information out of him but my car was repaired and paid for within a month.  I didn't have rental on our policy so I was hoping to be reimbursed by his insurance but since he was giving USAA the go-around, I finally just ate the cost of the rental and moved on. 

The only issue I had with USAA was they resisted paying for my son's carseat to be replaced.  I was sitting still and the guy was going approx. 40mph when he hit me.  USAA said that my carseat did not meet the guidelines to be replaced.  The state trooper wrote on the report that the seat was not to be used (he wouldn't let us leave the scene using the seat, my husband had to bring our extra seat) and the manufacturer even sent a letter stating that the seat had to be replaced because the warranty is void after any crash.  It took talking to 2 seperate supervisors for them to pay for the replacement but they were not very nice about it. 

• imageJENandJEH:

The only issue I had with USAA was they resisted paying for my son's carseat to be replaced. 

This surprises me because we've had 2 carseats replaced by USAA without an issue! I did have to get a letter from the manufacturer one time and the other time they looked up the manufacturer requirements then compared with the damage to the vehichle. (The hubby is accident prone and got rearended in a hit and run and the other time the person driving wasn't the owner and didn't have insurance info so USAA had to go after their company once we got that info. )

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagecpb79:
    imageJENandJEH:

The only issue I had with USAA was they resisted paying for my son's carseat to be replaced. 

This surprises me because we've had 2 carseats replaced by USAA without an issue! I did have to get a letter from the manufacturer one time and the other time they looked up the manufacturer requirements then compared with the damage to the vehichle. (The hubby is accident prone and got rearended in a hit and run and the other time the person driving wasn't the owner and didn't have insurance info so USAA had to go after their company once we got that info. )

Honestly, I was shocked, too!!  I wonder if it was just the customer service rep I was initially speaking to.  She didn't seem very informed on carseat safety and got defensive when I explained why it needed to be replaced.  I think at that point, she just didn't want to admit she was wrong so she argued with me. 

• I have.  It's the only car insurance I have ever had.   

I think they rock but I also think they are cheap.  They picked my mechanic.  I got refub parts.  They would not replace my carseats either (luckily the other car's insurance did--long story on why it was filed with USAA initally).    With that said, they are very nice, very helpful even when the other person's insurance wasn't being so...

They have great deals on car insurance too.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I love USAA! We were rear ended on the highway on a Sunday. I called USAA from the scene of the accident and an English speaking human picked up within 2 rings. Our car was not totaled, but it did need work done and USAA organized everything. The experience could not have been easier. 

TTC since June, 2011 with anovulatory PCOS, 1 blocked tube, and mild MFI
    3rd cycles clomid + Ovidrel = BFN
    4th cycles letrozole/Ovidrel + IUI = BFN
    IVF #1 = BFP! Twins due 2/5/2014
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I think it was 3 years ago now that my husband had a bad accident - his fault, totaled the car.  USAA was so great.  They got us a rental car asap and took care of everything.  It was a good experience.
    Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"