August 2012 Moms

Screaming! After bed

I'm a lurker and sometimes poster but tonight has been awful!

DS normally goes to bed pretty easy, but tonight we put him down and thirty minutes later, screaming! Rocking, swaddling, pacifier, nothing would calm him but the boob. Get him down again, and five minutes later, same thing. Thus is the fourth time now.

What should I do? DH wants to let him CIO but I just can't. He's only 5 months old. Don't know what to do or why he's screaming??

Re: Screaming! After bed

• I could have written this word for word yesterday about my son. Looked in his mouth today and it looks like he's cutting two teeth. : we've offered a frozen pacifier and frozen washcloth which seems to offer some relief. He seems to eat a little less at each offering probably because the sucking makes the pain a little worse, so he needs to eat more frequently. Mantra : this too shall pass! : Good luck!
  • He doesn't have teeth yet, but they could be coming. He has all the symptoms.

I'm so tired that I might be getting into the co sleeping trend!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Leah has had a few nights like that. She is cutting teeth. I hope you get some rest. They go through these phases, but like pp said it will pass.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• You may want to bring LO in to the pedi to make sure there is no ear infection.  If they have an ear infection, and they are put down on their backs, the fluid build up causes painful pressure and that could be why LO is waking up every time you put her down.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"