Preemies
Options

Not really any new news...

So I met with the caseworkers today for the baby. It sounds like he is making slow progress and that the doctors are optimistic about his progress. She really didn't want to give me info on the questoions that I had (really the ones that you all helped me come up with:)). She felt that it would be better to ask the nurses and doctor incase she didn't have all the right information. So we will meet with them on Wednesday.

I got a little more on the situation though. I guess the birth mom rarely visits the baby and sometimes doesn't even want to hold him. The caseworkers really want to get someone in there to hold the baby and help with bonding. She still has rights but it isn't looking good for her.  That is the icky part of fostercare. You want the baby to adopt but you mourn the loss that these children have with their bio parents and the fact that they don't or can't take care of their babies. Basically it can be a long process for adoption to actually take place if she doesn't willingly give up her rights. 

I will know more on Wednesday. Thank you all for your support.  I really appreciate it. I have some friends and family who are very worried and not super positive about this.  They feel that it is all too risky. They think that I may be getting in over my head. I am just going to be cautious but follow my heart:) 

started Foster care process 5/2010, Placed with 1st foster son 9/2010, Starting the adopting process as a single mom 10/2011, Adoption finalized 6/2012: proud momma to a great 6 year old!

Re: Not really any new news...

• Options
    Please keep us updated!  
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Options

It sounds like this baby really needs someone to show it some love...I hope the mom either steps up or gives up her rights to make the adoption process easier for all.  

Wishing you lots of luck!  Please continue to keep us posted! 

IMG_0293

Mr. & Mrs. 10/2/10 | Dx w/PCOS March 2011
    BFP - 7/25/11 | EDD 4/3/12 | C-section 2/7/12 @ 32 weeks 
    BFP - 1/07/14 | EDD 9/20/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I missed your first post (I just read it).  I wanted to say good luck!  We are fostering  32 weeker and her brother.  At this point the goal is still reunification with birth parents, but we'd love to adopt if the chance comes up.

I see your a single mom.  DH and I both work, and it was a big issue because LO isn't cleared to daycare until March (after RSV season), so we almost had to have them moved to a new foster home, but ultimately they found a SAH foster mom that agreed to watch her during the day.

~*Jenna*~

TTC since November 2009.

Currently licensed foster parents with the hope of adopting!  Also pursuing pregnancy through IUI!  First IUI scheduled 10/3/13

Currently loving our placements:

A 1/08

C 4/11

K 6/12

• Options

Hi Jenna:) 

Nice to see other foster parents over here too:) I am a single mom. My ex decided after we were placed with my current son that he didn't want to adopt or go down any IF road so we divorced and I adopted on my own. I only work part time- half days as a kindergarten teacher and I have another foster mom who is willing to watch him during that time every day. She will do it until summer and then I would have time off:) next year I would try to find an Inhome day care which would hopefully help bring in less germs. But that is a major concern.  I am also concerned about what the first couple of months after coming home would like.  I want to make sure that I can be there for both kids.

started Foster care process 5/2010, Placed with 1st foster son 9/2010, Starting the adopting process as a single mom 10/2011, Adoption finalized 6/2012: proud momma to a great 6 year old!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"