March 2013 Moms
Options

Back and Hip Pain

OUCH! Is anyone else dying from the back and hip pain? My lower back and right hip kill all day and night. This extra weight from lugging this little one around is really getting to me. I was limping around my house today while I cleaned. I'm gonna look into getting a pre natal massage this month if I can. Anyone else have any good tricks for relief? 

Re: Back and Hip Pain

• Options

I use one of those microwavable heating pads (it doesn't get too hot for the baby) and it molds nicely around my lower back.  I have heard about having you SO rub a tennis ball on your back as a massage.  If it gets really bad I take a Tylenol.  I had a prenatal a week ago and it did help but for only so long.

Since your hip hurts it too could be you sciatica.  I would ask your dr if he recommends anything. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I had a lot of back pain the past few days. I've used a heating pad which helped some. I also did some stretches which I feel helped a ton. My OB told me to get on my hands and knees and arch my back and hold that position for a few seconds. That brought almost immediate relief. Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My back and hip don't hurt but holy hell my pelvis slash pubic bone are killing me. Whenever I lift a leg or roll over or anything it's like excruciating pain!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Hi there, lurking from SAHM. My right hip and leg have been torturing me. My OB suggested a maternity support belt and it has worked wonders. I went from limping in tears to normal in a couple days. DH picked mine up at Motherhood.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

C  7.16.2008 | L  11.12.2010 | A  3.18.2013

• Options

Oh yes!! This is totally me. My back has been killing me for weeks. My hips and pelvic area have just started hurting over the last few days. Having two babies that are heads down doesn't help one bit! 

I guess I need to look into getting a support belt very soon. Meant to get one last week and I'm paying for it now.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yes! I can't stop raving about the heated shiatsu massage pillow that DH got me for Christmas from bed, bath and beyond. Seriously it is so awesome that I'm considering bringing it with me to the hospital during labor.
    BabyFruit Ticker Follow my baby story at: http://www.nycitified.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Same problem here.... Lower back and right hip. Going to the chiropractor helps, they have a physical therapist in the office and she spent 15 min just elbowing out the muscle spasms where the back muscles attach to the top of the buttocks. Adjustments help too, but the bottom line is baby likes to camp out over that nerve and the pressure from it causes the problems.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"