February 2012 Moms
Options

I've had it with my neighbors- vent

They are setting off fireworks. LOUD fireworks. They have been doing this even since we got home at 7:30. It's midnight. Happy New Year to me I guess (can you tell I don't care much?). I would be ticked if it was just tonight, or just holidays, but I could deal. But it's not. It's multiple times A WEEK. Not for this long, but it still happens. There are no words for how fed up I am about it.

So about half and hour ago I finally did what I had been wanting to do and called about it. I called the non-911 number you can use to report things like this. The dispatcher basically told me that she would pass it on and she hopes for the best for me because she has had issues with this type of thing herself, but that there's really nothing that can be done since we are outside the city limits and it's completely legal to set off fireworks.

OK, I have no issue with it being legal to set off fireworks here. I have no issue with people setting off fireworks near my house. WHEN it is within reason (as in, not for 5 hours straight with multiple going off every minute). Also, I don't think they should be able to do it after a certain hour... IDK, 9PM? Since when does this one person (or people) have the right to disturb the peace of hundreds of people who live by them? We are in a subdivision, folks. Not out in the boonies. Yes, we are outside the city limits but we are most certainly not in the middle of nowhere. I am beyond pissed about this.

DH finally gave up after trying to sleep for an hour and came downstairs. And the man can sleep through a LOT. I wanted to go to bed 2 hours ago but didn't even try. I have sleep issues just with his snoring so when they are setting off tons of fireworks it's completely never going to happen. To top it off, DD is very sick with RSV and has been sleeping like crap lately. She has already woken and cried a little bit a couple of times. If these people wake my sick baby so help me goodness...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I've had it with my neighbors- vent

• Options
    Do you have a home owners association? I would file a complaint with them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagefredpuma:
    Do you have a home owners association? I would file a complaint with them.

We actually don't have a HOA. Part of why we liked this subdivision. Hilarious, I know. 

Actually, I don't think that the people doing this are even in our subdivision though, we don't know what house it is. We think it's a house across the creek right behind our house.  

ETA- Side note. I keep wondering how in the crap anyone can possibly afford this many fireworks. The sheer quantity these people set off is unbelievable.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Even if fireworks are legal, most towns/cities have noise violations for making an absurd amount of noise after a certain time. The dispatcher you talked to may have only been looking at it from the firework aspect and not the noise aspect.

If I were you I'd call again the next time it happens. If you're still not satisfied I'd contact a police officer at the department during normal business hours to see if anything can be done.
  • Options
    Girl fireworks on nye are aggravating but thats just the way it is. Dh has to get up at 245am and they were shooting them all around us. We all turned the sound machines up as loud as they'd go.

Lena our county is very short on deputies. They dont have enough to send out on serious calls. With all the traffic checkpoints they weren't going to send someone out for that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageLena122:
    Even if fireworks are legal, most towns/cities have noise violations for making an absurd amount of noise after a certain time. The dispatcher you talked to may have only been looking at it from the firework aspect and not the noise aspect.

I talked to her about that very thing, that it was the noise issue I had a problem with, that I wanted to report it as a disturbance of the peace/noise violation. She insisted that those laws basically don't exist outside the city limits (at least in this "city" I guess) because they have every right to be setting off the fireworks, I suppose regardless of how many people it may be disturbing or at what hour.

Karlee- I figured there would be little to no chance of them doing anything about it even if they could since it was NYE. But I still wanted to report it and thought it was worth a try. We are not in Greenville anymore but a smaller town/city just outside fwiw.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"