November 2012 Moms

Why is LO doing this?

My 5wk old daughter just started to drool on my arm when I am trying to soothe her.  She keeps her mouth open and runs it over my arm and also while crying shoves most of her little fist into her mouth.  It's too early to be teething isn't it??  It can't be hunger cuz it's all throughout the day.  Anyone else's LO doing this and have a clue??  She hasn't slept hardly at all for all the crying today so would like to remedy this somehow if its linked to this behavior.  Thanks

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}

Re: Why is LO doing this?

• Honestly, thats sounds like hunger. Try offering lo more food. Lo could b going through a growth spurt. It can make them hungry more often or want more food during feedings. If more food doesnt soothe lo, id put in a call to the pedi. As a side note W does exactl that when hes hungry. GL

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers       AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I've recently noticed my LO drooling too. I read somewhere that the increased saliva starts when their digestive systems start to mature.

Also, he started putting his hands in his mouth right about the time that he started batting at toys, so I just assumed he was doing it because he figured out that could (and he finally had some control of his hands). 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I heard the saliva glands come in or mature around 6 wks. My baby has def been extra drooly lately. 

• Ace has been doing this. Either when she's hungry or sleepy. When she's not hungry and sucks her hand, I give her a pacifier. It helps. Sometimes they just want to suck on something.
    Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have also just started to notice more drool lately and more sucking of the fingers/hands (DS is developmentally 6 weeks). He does this when he's hungry, but also when he's full...so I'm thinking it is a hunger cue or just sucking for comfort.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"