July 2012 Moms

I am probably going to regret this...

But what are you girls doing posting on First Tri, 3-6 months, etc. mocking other girl's posts? 

MissMusic-  I am sorry, I really do love you a lot.  You are one of my favs.  This is not directed at you, you just reminded me how much this is happening lately.  (there was a post the other night, i forget which one)

We all prided ourselves on unicorns and rainbows a couple months ago.  Now we are just being Mean Girls x 10. 

I think its ok to secretly laugh at these posts, but I don't think its right to go over and make fun of the people when we aren't even on that board.

Please don't shun me.  lol.

image image
                  Ayden & Sydney

Re: I am probably going to regret this...

• I agree.  It is not fair to make fun of people for their worries when we were doing the same thing just a year ago! 

**I have no idea what is going on on the other boards, I don't lurk on them, this is just a general statement**
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker

• No shunning from me, I agree!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • maple syrup

• I agree. You haven't seen much of me around here in the last couple of weeks [not that I've been missed] and this is why. I'm all for snark, sarcasm, and calling a spade a spade, but to seek out people/posts to make fun of and do it just for kicks is plain mean. I don't want the other extreme either.. Puppies and rainbows all day every day is boring and not at all realistic... But the "Mean Girls" comparison that started out as funny has now become the reality of this board, and I'm really not interested in being a part of that.

• Nobody is perfect.

image image
                      Ayden & Sydney

• imageJustcallmeGG2:

Nobody is perfect.

i am

• imageKarmB:
    imageJustcallmeGG2:

Nobody is perfect.

i am

this is true.

image image
                      Ayden & Sydney

• imagePaddyB:

imageSallySunrise:
    I agree. You haven't seen much of me around here in the last couple of weeks [not that I've been missed] and this is why. I'm all for snark, sarcasm, and calling a spade a spade, but to seek out people/posts to make fun of and do it just for kicks is plain mean. I don't want the other extreme either.. Puppies and rainbows all day every day is boring and not at all realistic... But the "Mean Girls" comparison that started out as funny has now become the reality of this board, and I'm really not interested in being a part of that.

I assumed you were having lots of holiday fun!

Me too!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
  • imagenesenotes:
    imagePaddyB:

imageSallySunrise:
    I agree. You haven't seen much of me around here in the last couple of weeks [not that I've been missed] and this is why. I'm all for snark, sarcasm, and calling a spade a spade, but to seek out people/posts to make fun of and do it just for kicks is plain mean. I don't want the other extreme either.. Puppies and rainbows all day every day is boring and not at all realistic... But the "Mean Girls" comparison that started out as funny has now become the reality of this board, and I'm really not interested in being a part of that.

Me too!
    Same here

• imagePaddyB:

imageSallySunrise:

I'm having lots of Holiday, that part is true LOL. Enough of my mom already! Heading home tomorrow, thank God! I've been around on mobile; just haven't posted much because I've been a little turned off by the nastiness. Not gone... just taking a little Bump Breather, I guess.

• imagehijoi:
    I had to get the rest of it out, as its a NYR for me to be more understanding and positive.

Well I can relate to that, considering I've been stuffing my face the last three days as if I'm planning never to eat in 2013. Stick out tongue

• I really agree.  It was fine when we had "dumb" questions and needed to come to our own boards to freak out in a safe place where others were going through what we were...but now it's almost like there's something that started as funny but got mean really fast.  If people don't want "sunshine and rainbows" that's fine...but what is the point of being so mean to people who want to get something off their chest?

I also remember so many times thinking how level-headed and there for each other that the July 12 group was...and how the other boards seemed to devolve into people poking fun at each other at the slightest opportunity.  I've been on this board ever since I was sure I was pregnant and I love having you guys to ask questions to but there's a point when funny *is* just mean.

(I agree that some people on other boards say things that are just downright silly but it doesn't need to evolve into this whole 100 reply thing of "I know you are but what am I??" style bickering...you know?)   

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageSallySunrise:

This.

I understand calling someone on it when they are being idiotic, but sometimes I think we cross the line between that and seeing how mean we can be in the name of "humor."

And I absolutely love all of you too, so please don't shun me either!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageJustcallmeGG2:
    But what are you girls doing posting on First Tri, 36 months, etc. mocking other girl's posts?nbsp;
    MissMusicnbsp; I am sorry, I :really do love you a lot.nbsp; You are one of my favs.nbsp; This is not directed at you, you just reminded me how much this is happening lately.nbsp; there was a post the other night, i forget which one
    We all prided ourselves on unicorns and rainbows a couple months ago.nbsp; Now we are just being Mean Girls x 10.nbsp;
    I think its ok to secretly laugh at these posts, but I don't think its right to go over and make fun of the people when we aren't even on that board.
    Please don't shun me.nbsp; lol.

GG since when are you the board police? Come on!

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
  • Well, I posted on mkay's thread before reading this one. Anyhow...

The silliness and nothing much more has made me lose some interest in the board. It just seems like the same 5 people posting the same silly crap over and over. Look, how many "call out a bumpie!" Threads do we really need? It's fine if that's where this is going but, for me, it's very much a "the joke is funny the first time but not so much when it's repeated ad nauseum." I pretty much try to stick to the actual baby threads but those have been light lately so I've been more active on MM Moms on the GBCN offboard...
  • Im just shocked this is going over as well as it is.....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagekatybug499:

I really agree.  It was fine when we had "dumb" questions and needed to come to our own boards to freak out in a safe place where others were going through what we were...but now it's almost like there's something that started as funny but got mean really fast.  If people don't want "sunshine and rainbows" that's fine...but what is the point of being so mean to people who want to get something off their chest?

I also remember so many times thinking how level-headed and there for each other that the July 12 group was...and how the other boards seemed to devolve into people poking fun at each other at the slightest opportunity.  I've been on this board ever since I was sure I was pregnant and I love having you guys to ask questions to but there's a point when funny *is* just mean.

(I agree that some people on other boards say things that are just downright silly but it doesn't need to evolve into this whole 100 reply thing of "I know you are but what am I??" style bickering...you know?)   

I can't bold things... Second paragraph.  Thumbs up.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I think everyone's forgetting that this is the Internet, not your real life. Chill out. If people behave badly in real life, yes that's bad. If people want to say stupid things back to RIDICULOUS Internet questions, that's ok. Really. Life goes on.
    imageimage
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagecwm11985:
    I think everyone's forgetting that this is the Internet, not your real life. Chill out. If people behave badly in real life, yes that's bad. If people want to say stupid things back to RIDICULOUS Internet questions, that's ok. Really. Life goes on.

• imagecwm11985:
    I think everyone's forgetting that this is the Internet, not your real life. Chill out. If people behave badly in real life, yes that's bad. If people want to say stupid things back to RIDICULOUS Internet questions, that's ok. Really. Life goes on.

As much as some people post it seems it is real life to them. Or at least the only life they have.

I think the point is that being a decent person should be more important than trying to be a biitch unnecessarily...in real life and on the Internet.
    MFI and (now) AMA
    IVF 1 April 2011 - Cancelled
    IVF 1.5 July 2011 - MC
    IVF 2 October 2011 - BFP!
    *Identical Twin Boys born June 2012*
    Here we go again...IVF 3 is underway!
  • Oh, I don't hate insensitivity. I loathe puppies and rainbows. I just get bored of the silliness.
  • imagecwm11985:

What happens online affects people's real lives sometimes. The support people get... the hurt they feel... from online communities can be very real. Not to say that everyone needs to be supported regardless of what they spew, but maybe we can laugh at people if they need to be laughed at in a way that does not make them feel crap about themselves.

• As i was thinking more about this...  We say "life isn't all puppies and rainbows, etc.  Get real".

Well why do you think we come to these kind of boards?  To escape real life.  Real life has sucked for me lately.  Why would I want more drama and negativity?

image image
                      Ayden & Sydney

• No shunning here. I agree with you. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageJessie11LU:
    Sally I'm pretty sure you were mean to oukatie just last week. Also, Katie you have called me a bitcch in the past. Those aren't actions of people who hate insensitivity and junk.

I apologized to Katie in my very first comment, saying I realized I was being snarky but it was coming from jealousy. I also apologized in several following comments, and explained my feelings and comments. They weren't made out of sheer biitchiness or just for the sake of making fun of her, which is what GG is talking about here.

• imagenikki2223583:

imageSallySunrise:
    imagehijoi:
    I had to get the rest of it out, as its a NYR for me to be more understanding and positive.

Well I can relate to that, considering I've been stuffing my face the last three days as if I'm planning never to eat in 2013. Stick out tongue

I was actually going to ask you how your friends child was doing?  Hoping the surgery went well and praying the LO is healing fast! 

He actually just got to leave the hospital a couple hours ago! They are all sooooo relieved to have him home. Thanks for asking and all the t and ps!

• Mmmm rainbows

Pinned Image

• That's cause mm ain't got time
    For that.

Also, I enjoy the pups karm. Keep up the good work!
  • imageJessie11LU:
    Yea thumbs up are cool too. Oh there's Meg, I call her a who're on the reg. But she will visit me when she comes to stl some day. If only, one day.

I can't get mad when you call a
    Spade a spade.
  • thanks for the comic relief, Karm.

image image
                      Ayden & Sydney

• imageSallySunrise:

I've missed you Sally! I don't post a whole lot but I read a lot of the posts while I'm feeding LO and I've been around here for at least a year now. 

• imageKarmB:
    Pinned Image

Delight. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"