October 2011 Moms

One nap

Did anyone else's LO nap in the am but fight the afternoon nap? DS will sleep for 1 1/2 hours in the am after being up for 3 hours but he has been refusing the afternoon nap. Total meltdowns by 4pm.

DD was the opposite, she refused the am nap and then I kept pushing her afternoon nap later, easy peasy. Never mind that she now refuses to nap at all.

I guess I am going to have to just bite the bullet and not put him down in the am with the hopes of him taking one good nap.
photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash

Re: One nap

• DS gave up the morning nap long ago.  He now takes an early to mid-afternoon nap and then is ready for bed at his normal time (7:30).  Every once in a while, though, he'll totally fight ANY nap til about 3, and then is a total crankypants because I won't let him sleep past 4. 
    Married 08.19.06 ~ DS 9.30.11 ~ Baby #2 EDD 11.28.18

• It just depends on the day as to how many naps DD takes. Lately she is taking one late morning nap (around 11) for about 2 hours. I'm hoping today is a 2 nap day since she did not sleep last night. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • This is us. DD is up between 8:30 and 9. She goes down for a nap between 11 and 11:30 and sleeps for a couple of hours.  Then she's up until 8 or 8:30. She used to nap around 10 or so and then 2 or so. I just moved the morning nap back and stopped the afternoon nap. She takes one good nap now.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • B sleeps around 11:30-1 and that is her only nap.  She gets up around 7:30 and goes to bed around 7 with bath time starting at 6:30ish.
  • imagescarlettoctober:
    DS gave up the morning nap long ago.  He now takes an early to mid-afternoon nap and then is ready for bed at his normal time (7:30).  Every once in a while, though, he'll totally fight ANY nap til about 3, and then is a total crankypants because I won't let him sleep past 4. 

This exactly.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • We are going through the same thing.  A wakes up around 7, and is back down for an hour - 2 hour nap from 11:30-1 or 1:30, then is awake until 8pm....it's hell.  Yesterday we were so busy she didn't get a nap until 1pm and slept until 3:30.  It was glorious because she was in a great mood the rest of the day.  I think we are going to transition as well.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DS has been down to one nap for months now maybe since 10 months or so? He isn't much of a sleeper, though. He gets up between 7 and 8. Naps from 12:30-2ish them goes to bed at 8pm. He's pretty set with his schedule. 

I'd try it and see what happens...  

• He dropped the morning nap at around 10 months. He gets really sleepy and cranky around 11am and will nap for a good 1.5 to 3 hours from 11-1:00ish.
  • The teachers at daycare mentioned DD moving up to the toddler room and I am really worried about naps too.  They said that they all take one long nap and I'm still trying to wrap my brain around that considering a good nap for her now at daycare is one hour.  At home, she sometimes takes one long (3 or 3+ hour) nap or two naps.  My main concern is that she is so tired in the evening.  We get home at 5:30, I immediately get dinner ready for her and then it's bath and bed by 7.  Today she was at home with DH and she only took one long nap and was asleep before 7.  I worry I will never see her when she moves up to the toddler room:(  But, reading the responses here that kids adjusted quickly do reassure me.  I hope all goes well for your LO!

ETA: oops.  meant to post this in the thread about daycare room transition.  I guess I'm out of practice when it comes to bumping! 

• That sounds exactly like what happened with Lily.  She was still wanting her morning nap but refusing the afternoon one every now and then (and it kept increasing in frequency).  So we started pushing her morning nap later and later.  So far, she usually only makes it to 11 or 11:30am, but my goal is to get it to 1pm.  Fortunately she doesn't get too cranky most nights, even though it's a long time between waking from her nap and going to bed.

BFP #1: July 12, 2010 Natural M/C: July 26, 2010

BFP #2: January 30 ,2011 Born: September 29, 2011

BFP #3: January 5, 2013 Born: August 25, 2013

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_sleep4&T=t_b22&D=20110929&M1=&D1=&T2=Our+Rosh+Hashanah+baby!&T1=Lily&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_baby7&T=t_b14&D=20130825&M1=&D1=&T2=&T1=Sammy&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"