Baby Names

Name heard on TV...

Bug! That's right. I was watching House Hunters and the woman had a son named Bug, which was not a NN. To top it off, he was 12, really small for his age, and had hair to his mid back (not that any of that matters but I just felt like the poor kid had a lot working against him). Why would someone do this to their child?

Re: Name heard on TV...

• Oh my! When I first started reading this I thought it has to be a nn but yikes!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Aww poor guy! Did you ever watch the Road Rules on MTV? There was a woman named Piggie, not a NN, because her mom thought she looked like a pig when she was born. She was British, so I always wondered if it was a cultural name, but still. So sad!
    TTC since June 2012
  • Loading the player...
  • I saw that episode as well. Bug was a nick name of a kid on the Cosby show too :) cute if a pet name when your 5-7 but as a real first name? whats the other kids name Roach or Ant?
    Blessed with double the love. C and J born May 2013
  • I watched that episode, too. Thought he was a girl at first!
  • We were watching a TV show about those guys who build really cool fish tanks (can't remember what it's called now) and there was a 3 year old boy named Chillie. From what I saw it was his real name.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • The kid who played Alfafa (sp?) in Little Rascals is named Bug. NMS at all.

ETA: Okay, it's a nickname. His real name is Brandon. That's a relief!

• Ha poor kiddo. On the movie Uncle Buck the boyfriends name Is Bug. Dont know what woman decided to make it a name but its pretty bad.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Poor, poor kid!

Anna Catherine 7/23/2012, 35 weeks 5 days, 5 lbs 5 oz (PProm)

Baby Sam 10/4/2013, 36 weeks 2 days, 5 lbs 14 oz

• I've seen that episode a few times. I couldn't remember if the mom mentioned whether it was a nn or not. I didn't think she did. But the boy was a handsome little guy and I think it worked for him.
    Wyatt 9/6/2011 
    Tessa 7/5/2013
    Baby #3- ????? (ttc soon)

• eh
    Had Silas Grey in 2007, met love of my life in 2009, married in 2011 and now sweet baby is due in july 2013 IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Wonder if he is friends with Hopper Jack.
    Began TTC #1 in January 2011
    Confirmation and Removal of Endo - March 2012
    +#1 on 4/1/12 - m/c @ ~8w 5d
    +#2 Tx cycle 4 - 5 mg Letrozole + 75iu Follsitim & Ovidrel w/ IUI on 11/13/12 - EDD 7/23/13 
    7 week u/s revealed THREE babies, all with heartbeats.  153bpm, 148bpm, and 136bpm
    9 week u/s revealed loss of Baby B.  A and C are growing on track.  A measuring 9w1d with 172bpm and C measuring 9w0d with 179 bpm.  
    Elective sex determination u/s on 2/8 revealed... boy AND girl!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageMrsG0074:
    Aww poor guy! Did you ever watch the Road Rules on MTV? There was a woman named Piggie, not a NN, because her mom thought she looked like a pig when she was born. She was British, so I always wondered if it was a cultural name, but still. So sad!

I used to watch that show all the time and yes, I DO remember! Poor thing. Seriously, why!?

Me: 32
    DH: 35
    DD #1: 6/1/2013
    EDD #2: 6/7/2017
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• Saw it...I thought OMG!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I used to work with that lady's ex husband!!! Bug is his nickname...tbh tho, I don't remember his real name!!! She's a weird one, he gets it from her!!!!
    Jenny-34, DH-39, Furdog-Nissa
    TTC#1 since Aug '05, CP: 10/05, 8/12; BO: 1/13;
    IUI #8: BFP, beta 1, 6/4/13: 267, beta 2, 6/6/13: 765; First US 6/18/13-Twins!!!
    Due February 13, 2014 with two BOYS! 
    Henry Leo, 4# 13oz, 18.75 inches and Samuel Thomas, 6#, 18.5 inches arrived via c-section January 30th!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"